Challenge to ALL Hedley Forumers ...

All things great and Hedley related.
janet
Forum Administrator / Hedley Ambassador

Challenge to ALL Hedley Forumers ...

Post by janet » Mon Jul 02, 2012 7:35 pm

Hey everyone

The Admins and Moderators want to put a challenge to each and every one of you ... I'm sure you've notice the slow down in traffic on the Forum. This place use to be so busy and then slowly Forumers have moved onto other things, they are using Facebook instead of the Hedley Forum, etc. etc.

We'd like to see Hedley's Message Board hopping again and be a place where many of their fans come to chat about so many different topics, share concert stories, pictures and videos, the story behind a tattoo, share an art project they've worked so hard on, etc.

So ... we'd like to challenge the Forumers to spread the word about the Hedley Forum (message board) and see how many new Forumers we can get signed up and be active participants of this place.

You up for the challenge?

:P

icecreamgrrl
Global Moderator / Hedley Ambassador

Re: Challenge to ALL Hedley Forumers ...

Post by icecreamgrrl » Tue Jul 03, 2012 7:52 am

:)
~*Jenna*~
*Postwhore*

wintergreen
Groupie

Post by wintergreen » Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:10 am

One thing I've always thought is that this forum doesn't look very "official". It's a default phpBB theme and it kind of makes it look like it's some fan-created forum. The only thing that makes it really look legit is that it's a subdomain of hedleyonline.com. Maybe if the forum looked more like the Hedley website, or at least looked better than it does it would improve traffic flow. I know if I were to stumble upon it without knowing anything about it, I likely wouldn't join because I highly dislike fan forums and that's what it looks like :?

Then again, it could just be the designer in me that's being really picky, haha.

icecreamgrrl

Post by icecreamgrrl » Sun Jul 08, 2012 11:16 am

i know what you mean kayla.
~*Jenna*~
*Postwhore*

kate1013
Hedley Ambassador

Post by kate1013 » Wed Jul 11, 2012 10:37 am

wintergreen wrote:One thing I've always thought is that this forum doesn't look very "official". It's a default phpBB theme and it kind of makes it look like it's some fan-created forum. The only thing that makes it really look legit is that it's a subdomain of hedleyonline.com. Maybe if the forum looked more like the Hedley website, or at least looked better than it does it would improve traffic flow. I know if I were to stumble upon it without knowing anything about it, I likely wouldn't join because I highly dislike fan forums and that's what it looks like :?

Then again, it could just be the designer in me that's being really picky, haha.

That's a good point.
I remember the older forums looked more official. Remember the red and white themed forum? What Kayla is saying does make sense.
Hedley Shows To Date: 32

Robin
Hedley Ambassador

Post by Robin » Thu Jul 12, 2012 8:22 pm

I COMPLETELY AGREE.

I definitely am attracted to things by aesthetics, so if I hadn't already known this was the official forum, I'd definitely guess it was fan-run.

<3 A Jakes Girl
<3 A Mother Effin Dave's Girl
<3 Post Whore
<3 'Stache Lover
<3 Harry Fan Club

http://headed-for-disaster.blogspot.com/

jan - brit

Post by jan - brit » Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:55 pm

I definitely hear what you're all saying, but unfortunately that's not something Janet, me, or the Moderators can change :(

wintergreen
Groupie

Post by wintergreen » Fri Jul 13, 2012 6:40 am

Is it something that can be passed along to the appropriate person? (I don't know if there's an IT dept or something) It's nothing crucial that will make or break the forum; the people that post now are still fine. But if at some point more people are wanted (or needed for some reason), it's something that will definitely help get them on here.

janet

Post by janet » Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:26 am

With the phpBB version upgrade, some of the Hedley identifiers disappeared. I don't know if that was intentional or an oversight.

Universal Canada (Toronto) has their web support / tech guys in the U.S. - anything technical with this message board has to be done by them. This board is Universal run although we are allowed almost free run of what is posted - as long as it follows the rules put in place by Hedley, Management and Universal that is. Since it is Universal run, there are times we have to check with Management and Universal about what gets posted, eg. unannounced shows, questionable articles, etc.

I have to email our Universal contact about the User Control Panel (you all have acces to this) and some other issues with the message board, so I'll add in your concerns about the non-official look of the message board and the fact that there is no longer a link/button on www.hedleyonline.com to here. It has been mentioned to them before and we did not get an answer. Doesn't hurt to try again though.

icecreamgrrl

Post by icecreamgrrl » Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:29 am

janet wrote:With the phpBB version upgrade, some of the Hedley identifiers disappeared. I don't know if that was intentional or an oversight.

Universal Canada (Toronto) has their web support / tech guys in the U.S. - anything technical with this message board has to be done by them. This board is Universal run although we are allowed almost free run of what is posted - as long as it follows the rules put in place by Hedley, Management and Universal that is. Since it is Universal run, there are times we have to check with Management and Universal about what gets posted, eg. unannounced shows, questionable articles, etc.

I have to email our Universal contact about the User Control Panel (you all have acces to this) and some other issues with the message board, so I'll add in your concerns about the non-official look of the message board and the fact that there is no longer a link/button on http://www.hedleyonline.com to here. It has been mentioned to them before and we did not get an answer. Doesn't hurt to try again though.

you'd think now that Hedley is getting even more out there, they'd want the board to look more official to attract more new fans...but who knows.

also, yes, glad you have contacted them about the user control panel. i can't see anything in there.
~*Jenna*~
*Postwhore*

janet

Post by janet » Tue Jul 17, 2012 12:07 pm

I sent 2 separate emails so the requests don't get lost.

The Control Panel request has been sent off to Tech already :P Hopefully they can figure it out. I've check the set up and can't see why it isn't working. :?

icecreamgrrl

Post by icecreamgrrl » Tue Jul 17, 2012 12:08 pm

janet wrote:I sent 2 separate emails so the requests don't get lost.

The Control Panel request has been sent off to Tech already :P Hopefully they can figure it out. I've check the set up and can't see why it isn't working. :?

well hopefully they get it fixed...quickly. i was gonna say SOON but we all know what that means LOL
~*Jenna*~
*Postwhore*

janet

Post by janet » Tue Jul 17, 2012 12:10 pm

icecreamgrrl wrote:
janet wrote:I sent 2 separate emails so the requests don't get lost.

well hopefully they get it fixed...quickly. i was gonna say SOON but we all know what that means LOL

BAHAHAHAHAH ... that we do!!!

wintergreen
Groupie

Post by wintergreen » Tue Jul 17, 2012 2:35 pm

Even something like the Lights forum would work...

Forum: http://board.iamlights.com/

Although the overlook is similar, it's really the top navigation bar that makes it feel like it really is part of the website.

Anyways! That's all for now, haha.

janet

Post by janet » Tue Jul 17, 2012 3:34 pm

That top bar makes a HUGE difference in the connection to Lights. It says right there it's the official message board and it looks official!

Kayla, I used your comments in my email to our Universal contact (so you know) explaining to them that we want to try to get new Hedley fans signing up and participating on the message board. She wrote back that the look of the Hedley Message Board and our concerns will be discussed with her team at Universal and with Management. Hopefully something good happens and we see a change in the way the this place looks. *fingerscrossed*