Request Hedley on US Radio!

Information about Hedley's CDs, singles, music videos, music charts standings and soundtracks, etc.

Re: Request Hedley on US Radio!! PLEASE REQUEST KYIO!!

Postby jan - brit » Wed Jun 20, 2012 3:27 am

Isn't WIOG one of your 'local' stations Josh??
jan - brit
Forum Administrator / Hedley Ambassador

Postby jan - brit » Wed Jun 20, 2012 4:10 pm

I just found an e-mail from the program director at 99.3 WAJK in Oglesby, IL. Apparently the guys were featured in their New Pix @ 6 battle of the bands last Friday. They beat Linkin Park, but then lost out to Adam Lambert. Wish I'd picked up on it in time to spread the word. Oh well, next time!
jan - brit

Postby janet » Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:28 am

jan - brit wrote:I just found an e-mail from the program director at 99.3 WAJK in Oglesby, IL. Apparently the guys were featured in their New Pix @ 6 battle of the bands last Friday. They beat Linkin Park, but then lost out to Adam Lambert. Wish I'd picked up on it in time to spread the word. Oh well, next time!

Oh no!!! We'll have to watch for more of these over the next few weeks.
janet

Postby KHook321 » Thu Jun 21, 2012 7:25 pm

jan - brit wrote:Isn't WIOG one of your 'local' stations Josh??

Yes!!!! I can't believe they added the song already. :O I mean, I know they played "On My Own" and "Old School "when they were out, but I didn't know KYIO was even released to US Top 40 yet.

Now I have to make sure they play it.
American, Male, Hedley Fan
KHook321

Postby lisakelly » Thu Jun 21, 2012 9:33 pm

Just requested kyio on all the stations in the first post! :D

I heard it for the first (and second) time today on my own radio station here in Halifax today - made me so happy! Hope my requesting here makes someone else just as happy! :D

Avie & siggy credit go to Jan <3
lisakelly
Global Moderator / Hedley Ambassador

Postby Tanou » Thu Jun 21, 2012 9:38 pm

All I heard on the radio here is the French version... :| Hahahaha!

I'll do some request to the US radio station tomorrow. I've been so busy at work this week that I had absolutely no time! But tomorrow I'm off!!! :D
Tanou

Postby jan - brit » Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:57 pm

KHook321 wrote:
jan - brit wrote:Isn't WIOG one of your 'local' stations Josh??

Yes!!!! I can't believe they added the song already. :O I mean, I know they played "On My Own" and "Old School "when they were out, but I didn't know KYIO was even released to US Top 40 yet.

Now I have to make sure they play it.

Yes!! I've been requesting there for you too, hopefully they'll give it as much air time as they did the others :D
jan - brit

Postby jan - brit » Thu Jun 21, 2012 11:02 pm

lisakelly wrote:Just requested kyio on all the stations in the first post! :D

I heard it for the first (and second) time today on my own radio station here in Halifax today - made me so happy! Hope my requesting here makes someone else just as happy! :D

YAY! That's awesome Lisa! Glad they're not taking as long as they sometimes do. No sign of any of my stations playing it, but they haven't heard the last of me yet ;)

Tanou wrote:All I heard on the radio here is the French version... :| Hahahaha!

I'll do some request to the US radio station tomorrow. I've been so busy at work this week that I had absolutely no time! But tomorrow I'm off!!! :D

LOL! Well they made a special song for you, I suppose they're gonna play it ..

Anything you can do is awesome, but real life always has to come first! :)
jan - brit

Postby wintergreen » Fri Jun 22, 2012 8:22 am

I've requested on all the stations Jan posted in the Facebook group. Are the ones listed here any different? To be honest I don't feel like checking so I'm hoping someone just happens to know :P
wintergreen

Postby jan - brit » Fri Jun 22, 2012 11:13 am

wintergreen wrote:I've requested on all the stations Jan posted in the Facebook group. Are the ones listed here any different? To be honest I don't feel like checking so I'm hoping someone just happens to know :P

Yes, they're the same Kayla (with the addition of the archives of the stations who played 'Perfect' and 'Old School') .. I'll try to keep both updated :)

For anyone who I didn't have on Facebook, the link is https://www.facebook.com/groups/315391105214254/. Feel free to add yourself and your friends :)
jan - brit

Postby Tanou » Sat Jun 23, 2012 4:20 pm

jan - brit wrote:LOL! Well they made a special song for you, I suppose they're gonna play it ..

I'm very happy they made that French version! And I expect the radio stations to play it a lot, of course. I just still prefer the original version.
And I can't wait to see the French version live. Star Académie (the girl in the French version did it) is playing at the same festival as the boys in Lévis, but the day after. I'm pretty sure she'll be there to sing the song with the boys! It'll be cool to see Jake singing with someone else! :)
Tanou

Postby jan - brit » Mon Jun 25, 2012 5:20 pm

Tanou wrote:
jan - brit wrote:LOL! Well they made a special song for you, I suppose they're gonna play it ..

I'm very happy they made that French version! And I expect the radio stations to play it a lot, of course. I just still prefer the original version.
And I can't wait to see the French version live. Star Académie (the girl in the French version did it) is playing at the same festival as the boys in Lévis, but the day after. I'm pretty sure she'll be there to sing the song with the boys! It'll be cool to see Jake singing with someone else! :)

Yeah, I prefer the original too, but that WOULD be cool! Hope you get to see it happen! :)
jan - brit

Postby jan - brit » Mon Jun 25, 2012 5:22 pm

I've updated the first post with a few more stations. Most of the plays I'm seeing are still overnight. Can't wait for them to get more daily spins and hence get a lot more exposure :)
jan - brit

Postby KHook321 » Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:30 am

I just saw on my local Hot AC station's playlist history that they played KYIO at 7:06am this morning and before that at in the midnight hour! :D I hope I get to hear it on the station soon. Ahhh so excited. I could never convince them to play "Perfect" even though I had kept requesting it.
American, Male, Hedley Fan
KHook321

Postby janet » Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:43 am

KHook321 wrote:I just saw on my local Hot AC station's playlist history that they played KYIO at 7:06am this morning and before that at in the midnight hour! :D I hope I get to hear it on the station soon. Ahhh so excited. I could never convince them to play "Perfect" even though I had kept requesting it.

YAYYY!!!! Keep after them to play it!!
janet

PreviousNext

Return to Hedley's Music: CDs, Singles, Music Videos, Music Charts, Radio Play/Requests, Songs in Movies/TV Shows, Record Company