Dexter

Talk about almost anything you want!

Re: Dexter

Postby lessthanthree » Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:27 pm

I'm surprised this is the season James is tired of, it's the best it's been in a long time!

I kind of like the Dexter/Hannah dynamic. It's an interesting new side of Dexter to see, and of course it complicates his life a lot. She is actually bringing out a bit of a human side to him - albeit a dark and twisted one. I think she's making him lose control a little bit (like when he had her on the table and had sex with her instead, like, that's a total loss of his usual control over a kill) and that's making him handle everything in a very different way than he would have before.

I was also kind of enjoying the Dexter/Isaac serious talks, dammit!

I am however going to stop making predictions about this season because I don't know WHAT is going to happen anymore!

He'll probably still kill Hannah though.
lessthanthree

Postby icecreamgrrl » Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:14 am

lessthanthree wrote:I'm surprised this is the season James is tired of, it's the best it's been in a long time!

I kind of like the Dexter/Hannah dynamic. It's an interesting new side of Dexter to see, and of course it complicates his life a lot. She is actually bringing out a bit of a human side to him - albeit a dark and twisted one. I think she's making him lose control a little bit (like when he had her on the table and had sex with her instead, like, that's a total loss of his usual control over a kill) and that's making him handle everything in a very different way than he would have before.

I was also kind of enjoying the Dexter/Isaac serious talks, dammit!

I am however going to stop making predictions about this season because I don't know WHAT is going to happen anymore!

He'll probably still kill Hannah though.

I feel the same about seeing a different side of Dexter, and I kind of like it. I don't like her character though.

Yea, James has been annoyed by it for a few seasons now but he finally gave it up. Ah well. He gets annoyed by every show, lol
~*Jenna*~
*Postwhore*
icecreamgrrl
Global Moderator / Hedley Ambassador

Postby xOnxMyxOwnx » Thu Nov 29, 2012 8:11 pm

I agree, Jenna. I like Dexter's character change, just not the whole Hannah part of it. Maybe if her character was different, I wouldn't mind. But I just find her annoying. And she should have died last episode! Did you see how much blood she lost?! I can totally see Hannah turning on Dexter. After she gathers enough information on him and feels she's gained enough of his trust, she'll either try to kill him or turn him in. It would make for a good plot twist, anyways...

Dexter is going to kill LaGuerta, I think. When he realizes she's still investigating the Bay Harbor Butcher stuff and getting closer to discovering the truth, he'll have no choice.
Hedley shows to date: 15
xOnxMyxOwnx
Hedley Ambassador

Postby icecreamgrrl » Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:19 am

xOnxMyxOwnx wrote:I agree, Jenna. I like Dexter's character change, just not the whole Hannah part of it. Maybe if her character was different, I wouldn't mind. But I just find her annoying. And she should have died last episode! Did you see how much blood she lost?! I can totally see Hannah turning on Dexter. After she gathers enough information on him and feels she's gained enough of his trust, she'll either try to kill him or turn him in. It would make for a good plot twist, anyways...

Dexter is going to kill LaGuerta, I think. When he realizes she's still investigating the Bay Harbor Butcher stuff and getting closer to discovering the truth, he'll have no choice.

I'm thinking the same thing Tia, cause LaGuerta is getting too close!
~*Jenna*~
*Postwhore*
icecreamgrrl

Postby icecreamgrrl » Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:25 am

Wow Dexter is changing!!!!
~*Jenna*~
*Postwhore*
icecreamgrrl

Postby xOnxMyxOwnx » Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:24 pm

Wow. Last night's episode was so good!

I'm just wondering though....did Deb drug herself to make it look like Hannah did it or did Hannah actually do it and lie to Dex about it? I mean, Dex DID find a blonde hair in Deb's bathroom...and the only blonde is Hannah. Either way, I'm glad Hannah was arrested :twisted:

I can't believe Dexter fell for LaGuerta's set up, though. She now KNOWS 100% Dexter is the Bay Harbor Butcher. And that's doesn't fare well for him.

And finale next week! I saw the preview and uhm...I don't know what to think of it. Part of it must be real and rest has got to be a dream sequence or something. There's no way the producers would spoil that episode if what they showed in the preview. So I really hope that it's a dream sequence of either Dexter or LaGuerta.
xOnxMyxOwnx
Hedley Ambassador

Postby lessthanthree » Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:02 am

WELL I WAS CERTAINLY NOT EXPECTING THAT FINALE.

Jennifer Carpenter quite honestly deserves an Emmy for this season. She's been AMAZING. And honestly. That end. HOLY.
lessthanthree

Postby xOnxMyxOwnx » Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:06 am

I was kind of expecting the ending. I knew LaGuerta was going to die. I just didn't know if it was going to be Dexter or Deb who did it. When Dexter was pleading with Deb for her to shoot him, I actually thought she was going to. Hannah escaping the hospital totally means she's in next season -.- I wish she had been killed too.

And apparently the part right after LaGuerta was shot with Deb running to her and crying was unscripted. Such a brilliant performance by Jennifer Carpenter in this episode (and the entire season).

I'm really curious now to see what happens next season. It's the last season and all, so it'll be an interesting one for sure.
xOnxMyxOwnx
Hedley Ambassador

Postby icecreamgrrl » Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:50 pm

The finale was GREAT.
wow.
I can't believe Deb killed La Guerta! Like Tia said, I knew she was going to die but never though it would be that way!
I'm actually kind of liking that Hannah didn't die because I think she did bring a lot to Dexter as a character. I'm interested to see how it goes.
~*Jenna*~
*Postwhore*
icecreamgrrl

Postby xOnxMyxOwnx » Sat Jan 26, 2013 9:18 pm

New season starts June 30 :)
And apparently it might not be the final season....
But I dunno.
xOnxMyxOwnx
Hedley Ambassador

Postby icecreamgrrl » Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:12 pm

xOnxMyxOwnx wrote:New season starts June 30 :)
But I dunno.

Really??
I wish it would keep going.
~*Jenna*~
*Postwhore*
icecreamgrrl

Postby xOnxMyxOwnx » Sun Feb 17, 2013 11:27 pm

icecreamgrrl wrote:
xOnxMyxOwnx wrote:New season starts June 30 :)
But I dunno.

Really??
I wish it would keep going.

Haha me too!
I don't want it to ever end :P
xOnxMyxOwnx
Hedley Ambassador

Postby xOnxMyxOwnx » Tue Jul 02, 2013 9:09 pm

So...what did you think of the season opener?!
That Vogel storyline is going to be an interesting one, for sure. She knows Dexter's a killer and I think maybe it was her AND his dad that taught him The Code.
It's going to be interesting to see just how they end the series.
xOnxMyxOwnx
Hedley Ambassador

Postby lessthanthree » Wed Jul 03, 2013 10:59 pm

My mom had an interesting theory about Vogel
She had all those drawings and stuff that Dexter did as a kid. They'd be a personal Morgan family item, something Harry in particular would've kept hidden
But what if Deb knew about them? What if she got them from Deb?
Deb's obviously conflicted about EVERYTHING that's going on, what if the "good cop" in her wants to turn Dexter in, but the loyal sister can't?
lessthanthree

Postby xOnxMyxOwnx » Sun Jul 07, 2013 1:09 am

What if Harry gave those drawings to either Vogel or the Captain so that Deb wouldn't find them?

A lot of unanswered questions will be answered by the time this season ends. At least, I hope so! And they're mostly questions about Dexter's upbringing/childhood-stuff that hasn't really been discussed in detail in the previous 7 seasons.
xOnxMyxOwnx
Hedley Ambassador

PreviousNext

Return to Other Shiz