The Work Rant thread

Talk about almost anything you want!

Re: The Work Rant thread

Postby lessthanthree » Thu Oct 20, 2011 11:09 pm

Oh man I was in such a crappy mood at work tonight. For no reason, really, just... EVERYONE was obnoxious. No more than usual, it was just one of those nights where I felt like every question was a stupid one, and I wanted everyone to just go away. But of course I smiled through it all and was awesome at customer service. :lol:

Then I got papercuts trying to dismantle the Pink Floyd merchandiser to throw it out. And knocked over the microwave in the back room.

So glad I'm off for 12 days now. Yay vacation!
lessthanthree

Postby kate1013 » Sat Oct 22, 2011 1:28 pm

I had my second shift at work yesterday.
it was really boring, like we weren't busy at all.. so it was just a lot of standing around and what-not.

I've already gotten used to the cash and ringing people in. I need to remember a lot of codes for different things, but i've got the main ones down pat already.
I don't work until Wednesday now.. which kinda sucks cause I don't want to forget everything I've been taught so far.
Hedley Shows To Date: 32
kate1013
Hedley Ambassador

Postby xOnxMyxOwnx » Sun Oct 23, 2011 12:21 am

Where do you work, Kate?
Hedley shows to date: 15
xOnxMyxOwnx
Hedley Ambassador

Postby kate1013 » Sun Oct 23, 2011 8:34 am

xOnxMyxOwnx wrote:Where do you work, Kate?

I work at the Portrait Studio in the Atlantic Superstore.
I do passport pictures and family pictures, grad pictures, basically any kinda pictures in the studio :P

As far as jobs go, it's pretty sick. I love taking pictures, though sometimes in can be hard with little kids not wanting to co-operate :P
kate1013
Hedley Ambassador

Postby xOnxMyxOwnx » Thu Oct 27, 2011 7:48 pm

kate1013 wrote:
xOnxMyxOwnx wrote:Where do you work, Kate?

I work at the Portrait Studio in the Atlantic Superstore.
I do passport pictures and family pictures, grad pictures, basically any kinda pictures in the studio :P

As far as jobs go, it's pretty sick. I love taking pictures, though sometimes in can be hard with little kids not wanting to co-operate :P

That sounds fun :)
Hedley shows to date: 15
xOnxMyxOwnx
Hedley Ambassador

Postby kate1013 » Thu Oct 27, 2011 7:51 pm

^ it is pretty fun!
I've taken passport pictures so far, pretty standard.. not as fun as the actual photo shoots.

I worked yesterday and that was my third shift & the girl I was working with wanted to go home an hour before close because her head was hurting.
I had to close myself and I kinda think it was a little early for me to be closing all by myself.... but I did it.
I'm trained pretty well with most things but of course the last hour I had at least 5 different people come in wanting things that I'd never done before, OF COURSE.

I work tomorrow from 10am - 7pm which is a pretty lengthy shift. Should be interesting.
kate1013
Hedley Ambassador

Postby Jessica » Thu Nov 03, 2011 9:58 am

I'm quitting my job this weekend... I've had it up to *here* with the people who run the place... and I want to focus on school, cause if I'm paying out the wazoo to be able to attend Uni, I'm going to do my best to do a damn good job at it. haha
Jessica

Postby kate1013 » Thu Nov 03, 2011 10:04 am

I really like my job for the most part, but of course you can get asshole customers no matter where you work :roll:
I work again tonight 3-8

Next weeks paycheque is going to be pretty good !
I've gotten 2 so far and they've been between 110 - 120 and that's only with about 12 hours for each.
Next week i'm going to have like 21 hours and in a couple weeks i'm going to have 31 !
I LOVE $$$$$ :D
kate1013
Hedley Ambassador

Postby Taylor. » Fri Feb 10, 2012 7:54 pm

I'm finally quitting my job! Handed in my notice today.
I had been thinking about quitting for quite a while now, and there is lots of reasons why, but what made me decide was the fact that they have implemented the most ridiculous rule. When efficiencies (sales, basically) are bad, normally they would go around and ask people if they want to leave early. Well now, they are forcing us to leave early! Total bs if you ask me.

And I thought everything would get better when our new manager started 2 weeks ago, but everything has gone to shit since then.
Taylor.
Hedley Ambassador

Postby kate1013 » Sat Feb 11, 2012 9:57 am

I work today 3-8 and thankfully it's not a long shift, but it is snowing, so hopefully by then it will have stopped or at least not have gotten worse.
kate1013
Hedley Ambassador

Postby wintergreen » Sat Feb 11, 2012 10:41 am

I love my job. :roll:
wintergreen

Postby Emma » Mon Apr 23, 2012 2:08 pm

I NEED A JOOOOB.
Ugh. Long story short I got denied Work Study (because apparently the $60 I have in the bank makes me a rich betch) so I couldn't even apply for the jobs I was supposed to, but it all happened so late (end of last week, and I found out when checking the site because they never actually sent me the denied letter) that basically everywhere else here has hired :(
And since I don't have a job, apartments won't rent to me! And I have to move out of this apartment by Monday. Snooki waaaahhh.

It also sucks that everyone else in my program are getting jobs at like...legit music companies and I can't even get a fucking job at McDonald's with the same diploma. $14,000 well spent! NAWWWT.

/frustration
<3emma
Emma

Postby icecreamgrrl » Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:36 am

so I have mentioned my boss and my job in here before....and anyway, a lot of stuff has went on in my life in the last few months.
I got diagnosed with RA last week, and have been in pain for 2 months and barely being able to do my job...so anyway, I decided I wouldn't be returning to my job next season....and then I was offered a job without even applying at my friends work (it's a kwikway) but part of my job will consist of promotion (signs, online, etc) and I'm so excited.
I am going in to shadow my friend tomorrow afternoon, thursday morning and friday evening, to see if I can handle it and if I want to start training, I will start next week.
I felt so guilty but I'm really doing it because I just have to finally think of myself...so anyway, luck would have it, that someone actually put an offer in at my current work (to buy the business) and my boss accepted, so if all goes well, she won't even own it by next month!!!! so yay!

I will probably stay on at my current job until summer is over anyway (but I'm not cooking, just serving ice cream) but it will be around my new job schedule, hoping everything works out.
~*Jenna*~
*Postwhore*
icecreamgrrl
Global Moderator / Hedley Ambassador

Postby Robin » Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:38 am

I'VE GOT A JOB!

<3 A Jakes Girl
<3 A Mother Effin Dave's Girl
<3 Post Whore
<3 'Stache Lover
<3 Harry Fan Club