[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
chat.hedleyonline.com • View topic - The Work Rant thread

The Work Rant thread

Talk about almost anything you want!

Re: The Work Rant thread

Postby wintergreen » Sat Jan 15, 2011 7:21 pm

wintergreen

Postby icecreamgrrl » Sat Jan 15, 2011 8:57 pm

~*Jenna*~
*Postwhore*
icecreamgrrl
Global Moderator / Hedley Ambassador

Postby Robin » Sun Jan 16, 2011 12:50 am

<3 A Jakes Girl
<3 A Mother Effin Dave's Girl
<3 Post Whore
<3 'Stache Lover
<3 Harry Fan Club

http://headed-for-disaster.blogspot.com/
Robin
Hedley Ambassador

Postby lessthanthree » Tue Mar 08, 2011 5:39 pm

I'm so frustrated with my work right now.

I just started back in January. I tried to get a week off starting tomorrow through next Tuesday and was told no, even without vacation pay (not eligible for it yet) because I "just started back" it wouldn't be fair to everyone else. Which was fine, that made sense.

Today though, I checked my schedule for the week ending March 26. I have Thursday, Friday and Saturday off, because of another girl needing the Sunday before that off, so I'm working the Sunday (20th). I will probably have the following Sunday and Monday off once it's a "normal" schedule, because I always do.

So I will have Thursday through Monday off. That's five days.

So I can get five days off to accommodate EVERYONE ELSE, but I can't get any when I request them?

Not to mention the week ending the 26th I only work three days, and a total of 18 hours. I didn't ask for ANY time off, but the girl who needed Sunday off got my usual Friday shift and now I lose hours... yet I flat out lost the 4 hour shift for the one day I DID manage to get off, THIS WEEK.

I don't get why they're fucking me over. I'm SO pissed off about this.
lessthanthree

Postby icecreamgrrl » Wed Jul 20, 2011 8:41 pm

i'm gonna end up having 3 double shifts this week...sigh.
so sore adn tired.
~*Jenna*~
*Postwhore*
icecreamgrrl
Global Moderator / Hedley Ambassador

Postby Taylor. » Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:10 pm

I need a new job. One where I don't have to deal with customers so much...
My aunt told me to clean airplanes at the airport haha. She knows people that do that and they all love it. You work by yourself, & get huuuuuuge discounts on flights.
Taylor.
Hedley Ambassador

Postby lessthanthree » Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:35 pm

^That sounds awesome. Haha. I also need to look for a new job.

I'm still getting crappy hours and my district manager really pissed me off yesterday. She came in yesterday morning and started getting on my and my co-worker's case for things OTHER PEOPLE hadn't done. Like some signs we were supposed to have up. The guy I was working with yesterday hadn't seen them because our manager keeps putting stuff away and not telling anyone it came in. I had seen the signs on Friday, but at the end of the night when I was busy doing closing stuff and didn't have time to get them up. I hadn't been at work since Friday night. So she gets all "You knew they were there, why aren't they up?" Because I've been off for three days. Three days in which any number of people could have put them up. If I was still assistant manager, I'd take the rap for that, but I'm not.

She also got all condescending that our manager didn't leave us a note about what to do that morning before he got there. She asked "how do you know what to work on?" Hey how about because I've worked here for five goddamn years?

Then my manager shows up and suddenly she's all cheerful and chatty and stuff and it's like are you serious right now? Ah. She totally ruined my day yesterday. :lol:
lessthanthree

Postby kate1013 » Sun Aug 07, 2011 4:45 pm

the summer is almost over and i need to find a job..
i've gone on website like job bank and stuff but there isn't much out there.. where i live .. of course..
kate1013
Hedley Ambassador

Postby Robin » Mon Aug 08, 2011 5:59 pm

The only rant I have about work is that tomorrow is my last day! I wish I had been working full time... next summer. (For anyone who's unaware, I subbed at a day camp for kds with special needs. Legit the most rewarding thing ever.)

<3 A Jakes Girl
<3 A Mother Effin Dave's Girl
<3 Post Whore
<3 'Stache Lover
<3 Harry Fan Club

http://headed-for-disaster.blogspot.com/
Robin
Hedley Ambassador

Postby Taylor. » Fri Sep 16, 2011 11:23 pm

Damn, today was just one of those days where everything goes wrong.
I may as well just list it all..
-A woman tried to walk out of the store with more than $300 worth of clothes in her cart (not paid for.) She later sent two other girls in for her, so we had to stand by the door and watch everyone.
-A customer's credit card got stuck in one of our debit machines. I'm pretty sure it was wrecked when they got it out.
-A customer accidentally smashed a mirror that was for sale, and a new girl didn't know what to do so I had to deal with it.
-A customer's arm was bleeding at my till and I had to clean it up.... (Yes, I wore gloves!!!)
-We had to throw some of our Halloween merchandise in the garbage. I didn't think "bar boobs" were very appropriate for our store lmfao. I assume people complained about them...
-A customer locked the men's bathroom from the inside and left, and I was so fucking scared to unlock it.

Shit. I was so glad they let me go home early today.
Taylor.
Hedley Ambassador

Postby j e s s < 3 » Sat Sep 17, 2011 11:42 am

<3
j e s s < 3
Hedley Ambassador

Postby Taylor. » Sat Sep 17, 2011 6:33 pm

Haha tell me about it. I work at Value Village.
Taylor.
Hedley Ambassador

Postby kate1013 » Mon Oct 17, 2011 11:45 am

:D :D :D

Though, I do hope that I won't need to come in here much. I have a feeling the only problem I'll have is trying to take pictures of little kids, when all they want to do is scream and cry. I think that'll be the most challenging for me.
kate1013
Hedley Ambassador

Postby wintergreen » Mon Oct 17, 2011 11:46 am

wintergreen

Postby kate1013 » Mon Oct 17, 2011 11:52 am

kate1013
Hedley Ambassador

PreviousNext

Return to Other Shiz