Talk about almost anything you want!
Robin
Hedley Ambassador

Re: University/College

Post by Robin » Sun Nov 13, 2011 3:51 pm

Robin wrote:NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MY BIG LONG REPLY DIDN'T POST!!!!!! :evil:

dani wrote:Guelph campus tour tomorrow!
i really just want to know where i'm meant to BE already! :/
hopefully i get that "wedding dress" feeling with this one!

:lol: never heard it put like that before, I love it :P

I wish that I had the amount of choices in province that a lot of you guys do. There are two unis in Sask. Lots of colleges, and SIAST, but I don't think I'll be going that route. I know that UR has a good social work program, and I'd have no issue staying home, but... UBC is my dream. And I'm still so torn between social work and fine art, plus there's 37 other things I'd like to do. I don't know. So stressful.

Although... Now I am more confused. Haha. I've been looking at uni websites instead of studying like I should be lol, and now I'm really intrigued by International studies as a whole I don't know what to do with my life!
Sorry for ranting lol.

<3 A Jakes Girl
<3 A Mother Effin Dave's Girl
<3 Post Whore
<3 'Stache Lover
<3 Harry Fan Club

http://headed-for-disaster.blogspot.com/

Jessica
Groupie

Post by Jessica » Sun Nov 13, 2011 5:36 pm

terrible procrastinator. i'm trying to finish an 8-10 page paper on Illusion vs. delusion for a philosophy class... and i hit a roadblock.. haha!

dani
Hedley Ambassador

Post by dani » Sun Nov 13, 2011 9:12 pm

Robin wrote:
Robin wrote:NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MY BIG LONG REPLY DIDN'T POST!!!!!! :evil:

dani wrote:Guelph campus tour tomorrow!
i really just want to know where i'm meant to BE already! :/
hopefully i get that "wedding dress" feeling with this one!

:lol: never heard it put like that before, I love it :P

I wish that I had the amount of choices in province that a lot of you guys do. There are two unis in Sask. Lots of colleges, and SIAST, but I don't think I'll be going that route. I know that UR has a good social work program, and I'd have no issue staying home, but... UBC is my dream. And I'm still so torn between social work and fine art, plus there's 37 other things I'd like to do. I don't know. So stressful.

Although... Now I am more confused. Haha. I've been looking at uni websites instead of studying like I should be lol, and now I'm really intrigued by International studies as a whole I don't know what to do with my life!
Sorry for ranting lol.

no worries! i almost wish i lived somewhere where i'd HAVE to leave...there's really no excuse for me NOT to go to UTSC but... i wanna just GO!
my friend was trying to sell me on Guelph today but when i went...no wedding dress :(
UTSC open house tomorrow...we'll see what happens :/
♥ At least we did it our way, and learned the hard way, it's all that these scars say ♥

wintergreen
Groupie

Post by wintergreen » Sun Nov 13, 2011 10:36 pm

Guelph is very nice city! If I could afford to live there, I definitely would! The school is good too, or so I've heard.

Robin
Hedley Ambassador

Post by Robin » Mon Nov 14, 2011 7:32 pm

OKAY!
I actualy have some sort of a plan, maybe! This is exciting.
Major in social work, minor in international studies (possibly more specific, if so, international development studies).
Finally I feel slightly less overwhelmed.

<3 A Jakes Girl
<3 Post Whore
<3 'Stache Lover
<3 Harry Fan Club

dani
Hedley Ambassador

Post by dani » Mon Nov 14, 2011 7:41 pm

Robin wrote:OKAY!
Major in social work, minor in international studies (possibly more specific, if so, international development studies).

YAY!
GO ROBIN!

i've started making pro and con charts.
this is so not me at all.
♥ At least we did it our way, and learned the hard way, it's all that these scars say ♥

Robin
Hedley Ambassador

Post by Robin » Mon Nov 14, 2011 7:49 pm

dani wrote:

YAY!
GO ROBIN!

I've been to so many things for post secondary and NONE have helped. Then today we had a person from UR come and just talk for awhile, not even a full period (which are an hour, bc I know some schools are messed hahaha), and it help waaaaayyyyyyyyy more than anything.

<3 A Jakes Girl
<3 Post Whore
<3 'Stache Lover
<3 Harry Fan Club

dani
Hedley Ambassador

Post by dani » Mon Nov 14, 2011 8:13 pm

Robin wrote:
dani wrote:

YAY!
GO ROBIN!

I've been to so many things for post secondary and NONE have helped. Then today we had a person from UR come and just talk for awhile, not even a full period (which are an hour, bc I know some schools are messed hahaha), and it help waaaaayyyyyyyyy more than anything.

What's UR?

Tara
Fan

Post by Tara » Mon Nov 14, 2011 9:22 pm

my teacher keeps freaking us all out over next semester. we only have one exam this semester so it works out that we have almost a whole month off for christmas and he keeps saying to us "go home and sleep, because next semester you'll wish you could sleep."
we have a work term on mondays and tuesdays, and then throughout the semester we have to do 3 standards manuals, a 52 page magazine (including ads, articles and layout on our own), 2 websites, and photography assignments on top of that.

Robin
Hedley Ambassador

Post by Robin » Mon Nov 14, 2011 9:33 pm

dani wrote:
Robin wrote:
dani wrote:

YAY!
GO ROBIN!

What's UR?

University of Regina :P
Which, apparently, has the best education program in Canada, and the best... journalism (I think) program in North America. Too bad I'm not interested in either :P

<3 A Jakes Girl
<3 Post Whore
<3 'Stache Lover
<3 Harry Fan Club

Kat_yo
Fan

Post by Kat_yo » Mon Nov 14, 2011 9:59 pm

This is the most out of the blue post I've ever made on here BUT does Niya still post here? I know we both go to Ottawa U and there's a girl I recognize sooo badly in my Music and Film class and I could swear it's you!

j e s s < 3
Hedley Ambassador

Post by j e s s < 3 » Tue Nov 15, 2011 9:20 pm

Kat_yo wrote:This is the most out of the blue post I've ever made on here BUT does Niya still post here? I know we both go to Ottawa U and there's a girl I recognize sooo badly in my Music and Film class and I could swear it's you!

I don't think she still posts on here! At least, i haven't seen one of her post in a while...
<3

shayla
Hedley Ambassador

Post by shayla » Thu Nov 24, 2011 8:03 pm

It seems like every school I look up, they take applications from those who reside in the province first, and then all others. Well Saskatchewan doesn't have good graphic design schools, so I don't really have a choice but to apply to an out-of-province one, and I will be last on the list because of that. Stupid Saskatchewan, why do I have to live here?! And then it's so much just to apply to a school that I probably will not get in.
DC crew <33

jords
Fan

Post by jords » Fri Dec 16, 2011 5:25 pm

Kat_yo wrote:This is the most out of the blue post I've ever made on here BUT does Niya still post here? I know we both go to Ottawa U and there's a girl I recognize sooo badly in my Music and Film class and I could swear it's you!

Yeah I haven't seen her around here in years. I totally forgot about her until you mentioned her name, haha so many of the "originals" are gone!

felish1992
Hedley Ambassador

Post by felish1992 » Fri Dec 16, 2011 10:12 pm

Officially Survived First Semester University. Finished exams 4 and 5 today, and now I get to go home for my Birthday and Christmas!!!
Find a way to smile, and never let it get away
19 Hedley shows to date <3