University/College

Talk about almost anything you want!
sarahlouise
Meloman

Re: University/College

Post by sarahlouise » Thu Aug 20, 2009 12:24 pm

niya wrote:I received another hefty scholarship 2 nights ago: $3500.

My total of "free money" as like to call it through scholarships/bursaries is a little over $10,000. I'm fuckin' stoked!

Jeez woman!
In hindsight, I really should have put more effort into the scholarship thing haha. I'll still take my $4200 though thank you.

Tara
Fan

Post by Tara » Thu Aug 20, 2009 1:00 pm

I didn't apply for any scholarships, except for the bursary that I knew I would get, hahaha.

Jessica
Groupie

Post by Jessica » Thu Aug 20, 2009 1:04 pm

I'm gonna go for pretty much every scholarship I can.. why not? You've got nothing to lose by applying, and quite a bit to gain, hahah.

kate1013
Hedley Ambassador

Post by kate1013 » Thu Aug 20, 2009 2:34 pm

Jessica wrote:I'm gonna go for pretty much every scholarship I can.. why not? You've got nothing to lose by applying, and quite a bit to gain, hahah.

i have the same way of thinking, it opens up more opportunities if you can get it, and if you can't well it doesn't mean you still can't attend that university.
does anyone know anything about the journalism program at the Ryerson University in Toronto ?
like if they're big on giving out scholarships and what not ?
along with if it's hard to get into ?
Hedley Shows To Date: 32

Emma
Guru

Post by Emma » Thu Aug 20, 2009 2:49 pm

kate1013 wrote:
Jessica wrote:I'm gonna go for pretty much every scholarship I can.. why not? You've got nothing to lose by applying, and quite a bit to gain, hahah.

i have the same way of thinking, it opens up more opportunities if you can get it, and if you can't well it doesn't mean you still can't attend that university.
does anyone know anything about the journalism program at the Ryerson University in Toronto ?

As far as I know, it's a pretty competitive program. My friend is going into her third year, and there are really not that many people in the program with her. It's a lot of work, too, but she loves it.
<3emma

kate1013
Hedley Ambassador

Post by kate1013 » Thu Aug 20, 2009 6:22 pm

Emma wrote:
kate1013 wrote:

As far as I know, it's a pretty competitive program. My friend is going into her third year, and there are really not that many people in the program with her. It's a lot of work, too, but she loves it.

oh okay, i heard that for journalism it's basically the "it" school to go to.
so i figured it would be pretty competitive, yikes.
the last couple of years i've been interested in taking part in journalism, but the broadcasting kind, like a VJ on Much, someone who is in front of the cameras kinda thing.
is that what your friend does ?

Emma
Guru

Post by Emma » Thu Aug 20, 2009 9:41 pm

kate1013 wrote:
Emma wrote:
kate1013 wrote:

the last couple of years i've been interested in taking part in journalism, but the broadcasting kind, like a VJ on Much, someone who is in front of the cameras kinda thing.

No, she does like..print journalism. Something like the MTP program at Western would be amazing for broadcast journalism because they do it joint with Fanshawe, so you get your University degree and College diploma. I got into that, and chose a different program, but I am starting to wish I'd accepted that offer instead...haha.
<3emma

j e s s < 3
Hedley Ambassador

Post by j e s s < 3 » Thu Aug 20, 2009 9:46 pm

Kate,
if you're interested, Sarah, on this forum, got in that program for this year. You can pm her maybe she can answer your questions.
<3

kate1013
Hedley Ambassador

Post by kate1013 » Fri Aug 21, 2009 9:51 am

j e s s < 3 wrote:Kate,
if you're interested, Sarah, on this forum, got in that program for this year. You can pm her maybe she can answer your questions.

i'll do that :)

Emma wrote:
kate1013 wrote:
Emma wrote:
kate1013 wrote:

No, she does like..print journalism. Something like the MTP program at Western would be amazing for broadcast journalism because they do it joint with Fanshawe, so you get your University degree and College diploma. I got into that, and chose a different program, but I am starting to wish I'd accepted that offer instead...haha.

hm thats something i'll have to consider too.
thanks for all the info guys <3

dinosawr
Guru

Post by dinosawr » Sun Aug 23, 2009 11:59 pm

i don't really know what i wanna go into yet but im thinking of starting to apply different places
but say i wanna do something in the music industry type thing does anyone know what kind of
courses to start looking into, or what schools are good type of thing?

jords
Fan

Post by jords » Mon Aug 24, 2009 10:51 am

well, I'm applying to durham college in the fall, for MBM (music business/management) , i'm not really sure where your from, but I know they also offer the program in B.C, ad Nova Scotia, I believe.

Tara
Fan

Post by Tara » Mon Aug 24, 2009 1:45 pm

yeah, nova scotia community college (nscc) has a one similar to the one at durham
http://www.nscc.ca/Learning_Programs/Pr ... =ARTMUSBUS

dinosawr
Guru

Post by dinosawr » Mon Aug 24, 2009 7:55 pm

thanks!
that nova scotia link helped out alot!
and im somewhat planning on moving to bc next year
so that works out good for me thanks guys!!!

dinosawr
Guru

Post by dinosawr » Mon Aug 24, 2009 8:14 pm

jords wrote:well, I'm applying to durham college in the fall, for MBM (music business/management) , i'm not really sure where your from, but I know they also offer the program in B.C, ad Nova Scotia, I believe.

do you have a link to the college's site, i've been looking everywhere but can't seem to find anything

jords
Fan

Post by jords » Mon Aug 24, 2009 9:08 pm