University/College

Talk about almost anything you want!
.kristen.
Fan

Re: University/College

Post by .kristen. » Tue Mar 24, 2009 7:46 pm

alyssa! wrote:
.kristen. wrote:Just applied to the faculty of Social work--they had to extend the deadline and most of the time its because they didn't get very many applications...which is good because then maybe i have a chance! lol. Something tells me i won't be getting into the faculty...which then leads me to begin Majoring and Minoring and ending up with a BA.

Major in Women's Studies
Minor in Psychology.

oh school...i think i need a break from you right now. lol

3 more weeks!

Thanks god. You can see it in my grades that i'm just not caring anymore...which isn't a good thing. I need to start caring.
i need to keep telling myself 3 more weeks. 3 more weeks. 3 more weeks.

Its SOO DUMB how the university takes SO long to tell you if you've been accepted into a faculty. Apparently they won't tell me if i'm in the faculty of social work until freaking JUNE. ughhh.

jessicamclean !
Fan

Post by jessicamclean ! » Tue Mar 24, 2009 7:57 pm

For anyone looking for places to go/courses, etc, here's a GREAT site. You chose the field of study, school and click on it and it gives you a list of prerequesites(sp?) and the average and such. I found it very helful, although I still don't know what I want to do. I feel so rushed with it all.
http://www.electronicinfo.ca/en/degree.php
"no matter how miserable and groggy are the days you have survived, they are still the days you came from. and are the days that have made you what you are this bright day. never forget."

alyssa!
Groupie

Post by alyssa! » Tue Mar 24, 2009 8:17 pm

.kristen. wrote:
alyssa! wrote:
.kristen. wrote:Just applied to the faculty of Social work--they had to extend the deadline and most of the time its because they didn't get very many applications...which is good because then maybe i have a chance! lol. Something tells me i won't be getting into the faculty...which then leads me to begin Majoring and Minoring and ending up with a BA.

Major in Women's Studies
Minor in Psychology.

oh school...i think i need a break from you right now. lol

3 more weeks!

Thanks god. You can see it in my grades that i'm just not caring anymore...which isn't a good thing. I need to start caring.
i need to keep telling myself 3 more weeks. 3 more weeks. 3 more weeks.

Its SOO DUMB how the university takes SO long to tell you if you've been accepted into a faculty. Apparently they won't tell me if i'm in the faculty of social work until freaking JUNE. ughhh.

i didnt find out until july last year.
and this year im hoping its june- so i can make my decision.
cuz i applied to 2 faculities, and got early admission in one of them so if i get in the other one then i have to decide what i want to do.
~Hey it's just another Saturday...

.kristen.
Fan

Post by .kristen. » Tue Mar 24, 2009 11:53 pm

Nice! I wish i got early admission! Lucky you!

jskaa
Meloman

Post by jskaa » Wed Mar 25, 2009 3:03 am

Learning from experience, there's definitely a lot of finding yourself to do while in university. I'm almost finished my 3rd year at University of Waterloo and I'm only now realizing that this program will do nothing for me, and I hate it. I'm doing a general Liberal Studies major and it's really pointless. I would love to drop out and start fresh, but since I have only one year left, I might as well suffer through it. My grades are awful though, so I don't know...
just breathe in, you'll be fine. i'm right here, by your side.

sarahlouise
Meloman

Post by sarahlouise » Tue Mar 31, 2009 3:44 pm

I came home and I had a big envelope waiting for me. I got into U of T for social sciences. I don't think I'm gonna end up going there, but it's nice to get in! I'm gonna go see the campus though, because I stil havent, and check out University College since that's the one I got into. We'll see if I change my mind after seeing it in person.

That's both the schools I applied to now, so the waiting is officially done for me! (except for scholarships...)

Tara
Fan

Post by Tara » Wed Apr 01, 2009 12:21 pm

I was accepted to CONA for their transfer year which is just like a general year.. but honestly, I have no idea what I'll be doing after that .......

Emma
Guru

Post by Emma » Thu Apr 02, 2009 2:00 pm

So...
I'm finishing my second year at university(King's@UWO)
and the last two years I've had a hard time keeping my grades up
so I'm thinking of switching to part-time instead of full-time, and taking 3 courses a year instead of 5.
Has anyone ever switched or anything? I already switched my concentration from Double Major English/Psychology to Specialization/Major Psychology/Criminology. And now I want to switch to part-time. So I was just wondering if anyone had any helpful tips? haha.

I'm going to talk to an Academic Councellor and my mom just about everything and how to switch, but I just want to know what it's like, if it's any different and whatnot.
<3emma

Kaitlyn
Fan

Post by Kaitlyn » Thu Apr 02, 2009 4:55 pm

I'm almost done my first year! I can't believe it's almost over already, it seems like it just begun. :P
kaitlyn - since june 04 <3

julia
Meloman

Post by julia » Thu Apr 02, 2009 6:01 pm

^ i know eh! each month passes by SO quickly. i'm finishing 1 more essay right now, then i have 1 more class tomorrow, 3 exams... and i am finito!

Tiffany
Amateur

Post by Tiffany » Thu Apr 02, 2009 6:14 pm

It makes me so sad that when I think I could be done this week with classes and only have exams to worry about..but nooo I have another like 6 weeks to go. Damn you York U
T i f f a n y

Tara
Fan

Post by Tara » Thu Apr 02, 2009 8:05 pm

My friend was accepted to Holland College today for Culinary Arts! :D

.taryn.
Fan

Post by .taryn. » Fri Apr 03, 2009 12:09 am

I am EIGHT DAYS away from FINISHING. OMG. Seriously I've been waiting for this for a year. 1st year was exciting, 2nd year was fun, 3rd year was a bitch, and 4th year I couldn't wait to be done. No rhyming intended AHAHA.

I have to say though, I'm grateful I got to do this internship. I was luckily accepted as an intern for 8 weeks at the Metro in Vancouver. I had more than 40 articles published, including one front page in HALIFAX! Talk about being published nationally! Woot! Because of this opportunity I also got to take part in JunoFest and Fanfare...another super experience. SO, although I am glad school is SO close to being over, I'm gonna be sad that I have to leave B.C. in la little more than two weeks :(
ImageImageImage

niya
Fan

Post by niya » Fri Apr 03, 2009 4:04 pm

I want to get into Visual Art SOOOO BAADDD ARGGGHHH.
I check the mail like a psycho! But honestly, I hope I get in for the sake of the people around me because it will NOT be fun to be around me if I don't. I will be a bitter, blubbering mess for a loooong time.

niya
Fan

Post by niya » Sun Apr 12, 2009 5:07 pm

I GOT IN TO ART! Oh my fuck I am SO happy.
THANK YOU GOD, JESUS, BUDDHA, KRISHNA, WHOEVER!

And they rasied my scholarship to $12000 over the 4 years. (yay)
I'm planning on doing a double major in Visual Art and Theory and History of Art. Anyone do a double major before or in one, I'd like to know if that's a good way to go?