University/College

Talk about almost anything you want!
sarahlouise
Meloman

Re: University/College

Post by sarahlouise » Thu Jul 23, 2009 10:14 pm

september 9th.
although it looks like our exams go til the 23rd too, which sucks.

holy fall reading week is oct 10-16th. school's barely started by then! fine by me though.

Kaitlyn
Fan

Post by Kaitlyn » Fri Jul 24, 2009 3:39 am

My classes start September 9th...I'm flying out the 2nd though. And I'm done December 18th...and second semester doesn't start until January 11th for me this year, wooo! :D
kaitlyn - since june 04 <3

SarahMarie
Groupie

Post by SarahMarie » Fri Jul 24, 2009 9:59 am

julia wrote:when do all your classes start? mine are not until september 14th, which is awesome because i get to move back early and just hang out for a week, BUT bad because it means exams are going to go until like December 23rd or something!

I don't knoooow. The Ryerson site says exams are December 7-19, which is fantastic considering my birthday's the 18th and it's my golden birthday so I had planned to get absolutely wrecked on champagne. :|

Oh, and apparently classes start on the 8th for me. I'm still trying to find the information about reading week, because I plan to come home and work considering Journalism doesn't have many books except for electives.

@sarahmarienolan

j e s s < 3
Hedley Ambassador

Post by j e s s < 3 » Fri Jul 24, 2009 12:17 pm

school for me. starts. on. august. NINETEENTH.
F.
M.
L.
<3

SarahMarie
Groupie

Post by SarahMarie » Fri Jul 24, 2009 3:02 pm

j e s s < 3 wrote:school for me. starts. on. august. NINETEENTH.
F.
M.
L.

FYL.
But your summer started a lot earlier than mine, lady.

@sarahmarienolan

j e s s < 3
Hedley Ambassador

Post by j e s s < 3 » Fri Jul 24, 2009 3:42 pm

yeah but you were in high school. baha. back when i was in high school our summer started on june 23rd. my last summer was from june 23rd to august 18th. which sucked ass.
<3

SarahMarie
Groupie

Post by SarahMarie » Fri Jul 24, 2009 5:36 pm

j e s s < 3 wrote:yeah but you were in high school. baha. back when i was in high school our summer started on june 23rd. my last summer was from june 23rd to august 18th. which sucked ass.

Yes, I know.
But it was a good one never the less. ;)

@sarahmarienolan

j e s s < 3
Hedley Ambassador

Post by j e s s < 3 » Fri Jul 24, 2009 5:41 pm

Bahaha. Most definitely.
<3

Tara
Fan

Post by Tara » Mon Aug 03, 2009 9:24 pm

I start on Sept ... 4th? I think it is?
I kind of wish I didn't apply for the general year.. I mean, I know that I have things I would like to do, but nothing that I would love to see myself do everyday. And I also know, if I took a year off I wouldn't want to go back. But I don't think I'm gonna enjoy this, ahah

hailey
Meloman

Post by hailey » Tue Aug 04, 2009 12:00 am

I've been thinking (stressing haha) about schools A LOT lately.
My top choices are Queen's, St. FX, UBC, and U of T. I hate this. I am so terrified I won't be accepted anywhere.
worry not, all things are well. we'll be alright, we have our looks and perfume on.

sarahlouise
Meloman

Post by sarahlouise » Tue Aug 04, 2009 10:41 am

I got a $1000 scholarship through my dad's work! I'm so glad I got it. In hindsight though, I really should have applied for more scholarships. I suspect I'm going to need a lot more money than I have haha. Oh well, every bit helps!

And Hailey, don't worry. You're literate, and that's a lot more than can be said about some of the people who get into university.

niya
Fan

Post by niya » Tue Aug 04, 2009 3:39 pm

Oh Hailey child, no need to worry. In reality it's NOT that hard to get into Uni. Just make sure that you try extra hard this coming year to maintain an over 80% average (just to MAKE SURE you've got a spot, and maybe even secure a scholarship) and you'll be fine. I've seen real morons get accepted, and I don't think you're that.

On another note, I've heard really awsome things about St.FX. If I were to move away for school, that'd probably be my first choice.

julia
Meloman

Post by julia » Tue Aug 04, 2009 3:48 pm

hailey- don't stress tooo much! like niya said, just keep your average over 80% and you have a pretty solid chance of getting in everywhere (depending what you're applying for.. i know the entrance average is different for every program. i'm speaking from an arts perspective). what are you planning on going for?
also if you have any questions about queen's, holla at me.

sarahlouise
Meloman

Post by sarahlouise » Tue Aug 04, 2009 3:59 pm

so part of me really wants to do a double major with international studies and womens studies. are double majors crazy or would it be do-able? although with an exchange year it might be tricky. but i could do a summer term to help make up for that.

i think my dad would die if i doubled in womens studies though haha. mr "go to business school then law school".

SarahMarie
Groupie

Post by SarahMarie » Tue Aug 04, 2009 4:03 pm

Hailey, I remember feeling the way you do! I was so worried that I wouldn't get accepted anywhere, never mind at my dream school, Ryerson! Apply for tons of scholarships. Hopefully you've done a fair bit of community service. That's usually what they're on the prowl for though. ;)

I finally got a scholarship, through my mom's work, for $2000. I applied for so many and this is the only one I've gotten.
I'm still so screwed though. It's soooo expensive.

@sarahmarienolan