The Relationship Thread.

Talk about almost anything you want!

Re: The Relationship Thread.

Postby kate1013 » Tue Apr 03, 2012 8:39 pm

jords wrote:did he reply, kate?

my boyfriend is the cutest haha. He knows I've been stressed out with exams so he sent me an edible arrangement to my front door! Some of the perks of being in a LDR... unexpected presents :)

He did reply, he basically said that he isn't looking for a gf right now and he isn't looking to date anyone either. He's moving to go to school in the fall so that's why I'm thinking he doesn't want to get in a relationship and then leave. Plus he and his ex broke up last May, but they were together for like 2 years so idk if he still has feelings for her or not. On the PLUS side, he did say that he wants to go to the races in the summer and even hangout before then.

I still think that if we get the chance to hangout a few times, one on one, sparks might fly and he might become interested the way I am.
The way we have been flirting at work is intense, I really thought that it was something more than just flirting. For now, we're at a stand-still. I see him for the first time since the FB message tomorrow at work.. hopefully it didn't make him feel weird around me.
Hedley Shows To Date: 32
kate1013
Hedley Ambassador

Postby Robin » Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:45 pm

Jords that's soooo cute! I love when they do things like that :)

<3 A Jakes Girl
<3 A Mother Effin Dave's Girl
<3 Post Whore
<3 'Stache Lover
<3 Harry Fan Club

http://headed-for-disaster.blogspot.com/
Robin
Hedley Ambassador

Postby Lu-05 » Mon Apr 16, 2012 11:04 pm

ROBIN ROBIN ROBIN!
So I saw your fbook status the other day and decided to creep since I saw the word boyfriend in there. And holy crap did I end up creeping a lot!! Shows how long it's been since I've been on here!! So happy for you, girl :)

It'll be a year officially with my boy on June 7th.
Feels like forever, but at the same time so short. It's kind of scary though how good things are. Like I'm just waiting for the floor to fall through. We don't even fight. Like not seriously. And we've both never seiouslyy been with anyone else before. So sometimes I wonder if we're just silly stupid kids who don't know better. We have nothin to compare ourselves to. But meh. I tell myself to just go with the flow. There's nothing to complain about so my mind is tying to think of something to worry over *shrugs*
.DC . . . Post Whore . . . A Jake's Girl . . . young&stupid.
Lu-05
Hedley Ambassador

Postby kate1013 » Tue Apr 17, 2012 9:02 am

I still really have a thing for the boy at my work. & we still flirt like crazy too. I just wish that he wasn't moving away for school in the fall. It really makes things at a stand-still.
kate1013
Hedley Ambassador

Postby Robin » Wed Apr 18, 2012 8:47 pm

Lu-05 wrote:ROBIN ROBIN ROBIN!
So I saw your fbook status the other day and decided to creep since I saw the word boyfriend in there. And holy crap did I end up creeping a lot!! Shows how long it's been since I've been on here!! So happy for you, girl :)

It'll be a year officially with my boy on June 7th.
Feels like forever, but at the same time so short. It's kind of scary though how good things are. Like I'm just waiting for the floor to fall through. We don't even fight. Like not seriously. And we've both never seiouslyy been with anyone else before. So sometimes I wonder if we're just silly stupid kids who don't know better. We have nothin to compare ourselves to. But meh. I tell myself to just go with the flow. There's nothing to complain about so my mind is tying to think of something to worry over *shrugs*

Just creepin' on my booooyyyyy are ya? Dang girl ahahaha. How much did you creep bahahaha!

I'm kinda opposite you right now, we've only been dating for almost two months (EONS in high school years bahahahaha, although he's not in school anymore), but it feels like forEVER. We've been good friends for four years, it's kinda crazy. I kinda know how you feel about the never being with someone else seriously. However, he dated his last girlfriend for a year and a half, before finding out that she's, to be honest, a lying bitch. So it's kind of odd in that way too, because he's infinitely, ahem, more experienced than I am. But at the same time that doesn't really matter, because the change in dynamic hasn't changed the fact that we can talk about anything (I mean ANYTHING- we were talking about periods recently, most guys are so not cool with that lol). Like, a comment made by his friend led to us having the sex conversation at less than a month hahaha. Everything is just so easy with him. Which makes me nervous a bit. Because there's already that comfort level, so I keep thinking things like, would I be doing this if it were someone I haven't been so close with for so long? Then I remember that I'm not a whore, and that because I already trust him it's easy for me to communicate my boundries. Yay! hahaha.

And that is kind of a lont winded, pointless tangent. Hahaha. But that's okay, i like to talk about him :)

<3 A Jakes Girl
<3 Post Whore
<3 'Stache Lover
<3 Harry Fan Club

Robin
Hedley Ambassador

Postby julia_ » Sat Apr 21, 2012 1:13 am

so last semester i met this guy who's here on exchange from scotland, reeeally liked him from the beginning, and one night when we were hanging out he put the moves on me. i was like hooray this is going to be awesome! but he was like nevermind, i'm gonna ignore you forever. so it got SUPER awkward after that and now the extent of our relationship is the occasional hello. anyways, he just happens to go to my dream school, and i just happened to get accepted there for my master's, so we will be at the same (SMALL) university next year. he knows i was hoping to go there but i didn't tell him anything else nor do i plan on it unless we happen to talk and the topic comes up in the next week. i just can't wait for the moment we inevitably bump into each other next year and he thinks i'm the ultimately creepiest stalker in the world. sometimes my life is ridiculous.
julia_

Postby alyssa! » Thu Apr 26, 2012 5:13 pm

i dunno how to handle this.

me and him, two totally different past sexual relations. him = horny drunk sleeps with everyone. me = drunk make outs but never do anything. I can count on one hand how many guys slept with, he has no idea.

basically it bothers me that he has been with so many people (just found out about one thats a lady twice his age....) and its like every where i go hes stuck in it with another girl. and i know my reactions affects our relationship, but I know he wouldnt cheat on me, so thats not what i'm worried about. Its hard to explain.
~Hey it's just another Saturday...
alyssa!

Postby Lu-05 » Thu Apr 26, 2012 8:57 pm

Robin wrote:Just creepin' on my booooyyyyy are ya? Dang girl ahahaha. How much did you creep bahahaha!

I'm kinda opposite you right now, we've only been dating for almost two months (EONS in high school years bahahahaha, although he's not in school anymore), but it feels like forEVER. We've been good friends for four years, it's kinda crazy. I kinda know how you feel about the never being with someone else seriously. However, he dated his last girlfriend for a year and a half, before finding out that she's, to be honest, a lying bitch. So it's kind of odd in that way too, because he's infinitely, ahem, more experienced than I am. But at the same time that doesn't really matter, because the change in dynamic hasn't changed the fact that we can talk about anything (I mean ANYTHING- we were talking about periods recently, most guys are so not cool with that lol). Like, a comment made by his friend led to us having the sex conversation at less than a month hahaha. Everything is just so easy with him. Which makes me nervous a bit. Because there's already that comfort level, so I keep thinking things like, would I be doing this if it were someone I haven't been so close with for so long? Then I remember that I'm not a whore, and that because I already trust him it's easy for me to communicate my boundries. Yay! hahaha.

And that is kind of a lont winded, pointless tangent. Hahaha. But that's okay, i like to talk about him :)

Hahahaa, i just creeped him a bit. Just to get an idea, y'know? I cant help it, it's in my nature!

I think as long as you feel comfortable, it shouldn't matter. Trust your instincts. My bf is also super chill. He used to have an app on his iphone that tracks my periods so he knows when he can expect them lol (im on the pill now, so no need for the app). We knew each other 2 months before we became 'official' but it was just so easy that most of the time i feel like ive known him since birth. It's different for every relationship, and ive learned not to assume anything based off other couples or whatever.
It's awesome that you've been friends with your man for so long. I've neverrrr had feelings for a friend before. I cant even imagine it.

How do your parents like him lol?? Since they already knew him was it easy for them to accept him as your bf?
Lu-05
Hedley Ambassador

Postby Robin » Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:25 pm

Lu-05 wrote:Hahahaa, i just creeped him a bit. Just to get an idea, y'know? I cant help it, it's in my nature!

I think as long as you feel comfortable, it shouldn't matter. Trust your instincts. My bf is also super chill. He used to have an app on his iphone that tracks my periods so he knows when he can expect them lol (im on the pill now, so no need for the app). We knew each other 2 months before we became 'official' but it was just so easy that most of the time i feel like ive known him since birth. It's different for every relationship, and ive learned not to assume anything based off other couples or whatever.
It's awesome that you've been friends with your man for so long. I've neverrrr had feelings for a friend before. I cant even imagine it.

How do your parents like him lol?? Since they already knew him was it easy for them to accept him as your bf?

Hahaha, atta beeeee. My friend creeped him today, then he texted me and he's like, "He looks 35. PLEASE tell me he's not 25!" bahahaha.

They like him. They actually never met him before we started dating though, weirdly enough. Like it's actually legit bizarre that that never happened hahaha.

<3 A Jakes Girl
<3 Post Whore
<3 'Stache Lover
<3 Harry Fan Club

Robin
Hedley Ambassador

Postby kate1013 » Fri Apr 27, 2012 6:30 am

I had a dream about my worker boy the other night.
I hate when you dream about the best relationship ever with someone you're clearly interested in and then you wake up to find the sad reality that you're just "friends".
Urg. He literally is the PERFECT catch for ME. We share the same values in life and everything. I hate to see him slip away from me </3
kate1013
Hedley Ambassador

Postby jords » Sun Jul 08, 2012 5:04 pm

I need non judgmental advice more than I ever have before

I've been dating my wonderful boyfriend for two years now. He is one of the best guys I know, he cares and loves for me SO much it's incredible. We have a pretty steady relationship, we're long distance for most of the year, but we're currently home for the summer together. Lately, I've been having these unsure feelings about the relationship and I'm confused because nothing has gone wrong - there hasn't been a big fight or argument, in fact we just celebrated our two years so things have been going pretty good. I guess I have been thinking a lot about the future and how we're going onto year three of this relationship and it's scaring me because he's all I've ever known. I started dating him when I was 17, I'm now 20. He was my first everything and I feel guilty for even having these unsure feelings. There is also another guy in the picture. I have never cheated, nor do I ever plan to, but this guy has basically been my shoulder these past two weeks. We've been talking non stop and I don't know if it's the fact that I just like the attention or I actually have feelings for him, but I feel so guilty for feeling like this. I told my boyfriend on Monday that I need a break just from talking and stuff just to clear my mind, but he doesn't really know what's going on and I don't know what to tell him either. I'm so confused because in all honesty I can see myself marrying this kid, but on the other hand I'm thinking how could I be pursuing another guy if I loved my boyfriend so much? :( wah. It's been a constant internal battle these last two weeks.

Anyone have advice/help?
jords

Postby Lu-05 » Sun Jul 15, 2012 7:43 pm

jords wrote:I need non judgmental advice more than I ever have before

I've been dating my wonderful boyfriend for two years now. He is one of the best guys I know, he cares and loves for me SO much it's incredible. We have a pretty steady relationship, we're long distance for most of the year, but we're currently home for the summer together. Lately, I've been having these unsure feelings about the relationship and I'm confused because nothing has gone wrong - there hasn't been a big fight or argument, in fact we just celebrated our two years so things have been going pretty good. I guess I have been thinking a lot about the future and how we're going onto year three of this relationship and it's scaring me because he's all I've ever known. I started dating him when I was 17, I'm now 20. He was my first everything and I feel guilty for even having these unsure feelings. There is also another guy in the picture. I have never cheated, nor do I ever plan to, but this guy has basically been my shoulder these past two weeks. We've been talking non stop and I don't know if it's the fact that I just like the attention or I actually have feelings for him, but I feel so guilty for feeling like this. I told my boyfriend on Monday that I need a break just from talking and stuff just to clear my mind, but he doesn't really know what's going on and I don't know what to tell him either. I'm so confused because in all honesty I can see myself marrying this kid, but on the other hand I'm thinking how could I be pursuing another guy if I loved my boyfriend so much? :( wah. It's been a constant internal battle these last two weeks.

Anyone have advice/help?

Hm.
Since i dont know you personally, i'm just going to TRY and tell you what i think i would do if i was in your exact situation...
One of my best friends has been with her bf for 3 yrs, and he was her first and only everythingg too (she's 21 now). Honestly, she's also gone through the whole "he's all i've ever known.... never experienced anything/anyone else" thing, although she's never had another guy in her life (and never done the long distance thing). SO, i'd say having some of those thoughts really isnt terrible at all. I've been with my bf for over a year and i feel like we're pretty serious and I've also wondered if this is gonna be it and if i'll be okay being with him for the rest of my life. THAT'S DEFINITELY NOT A BIG DEAL, DONT STRESS ABOUT IT.
In regards to the other boy... i always live by "if my bf did the exact same thing would i be upset?" and if the answer is ever YES then i have to think long and hard about stuff. I honestly have zero interest in other guys. Compared to the mega flirt i used to be, it's like i cant even SEE other guys. If you're feeling guilty about hanging out with the other guy then i'd say you should probably stop (or at least lessen it). And if you cant do that then maybe there's something more that you need to figure out. It definitely seems like you love your bf a lot. And i think maybe it could be that you're freaking yourself out because things have been going so well with you two? But really only you can really figure it out..
I can tell you though that a different friend of mine broke up with her bf of EIGHT years about 6 months ago. It was a mutual thing, and im pretty sure it was just because they're getting older and realising that they had only ever known what it was like to be together. And i think they resented each other for it. It was terrible in the first 3 months. Lots of crying and jealousy and sleeping with other people. It as bad. But they still loved each other and wanted to know about each others lives and stuff, and slowly they started talking and hanging out again. Pretty sure they're gonna get back together. And i think the break was exactly what they needed.
I feel like i blabbered. Although i also feel like i just want to respond to you cause it's always nice to have other opinions for comparison. But ANYWAYS, i think no matter what happens it'll all be okay as long as you do what you think will make you happiest. If youre happiest together then stay together. If youre not happy in your relationship get out (that's what my friends did). And even if you break up, you can always get back together and probably be a stronger couple for it. And if you dont get back together then you probably werent meant to be and you can be happy knowing you had a great time but it wasnt right, and then be excited to find what IS right.

I hope i made sense lol.
Good luck!
Lu-05
Hedley Ambassador

Postby Robin » Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:39 am

My boy is gone for two weeks, since Sunday, and leaves on another trip the day after he gets back :( I'm working like a dog and will unlikely see him between. I'm sad.

<3 A Jakes Girl
<3 Post Whore
<3 'Stache Lover
<3 Harry Fan Club

Robin
Hedley Ambassador

Postby kate1013 » Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:29 am

So does anyone remember the guy that that I dated 4 years ago? His name was Jake.
Well, we are now back together again <3
I honestly don't remember a time that I was this happy, even when we were together 4 years ago I wasn't this happy. He dated this girl for nearly 4 years and they finally broke up. She moved to Ontario for school and to be with her family. We saw each other at my work a little over a month ago and then a week later he called me. Ever since July 20th we've been talking via the phone/text and he actually went to his first ever Hedley concert with me in Rimouski on July 27th.

It was like no time passed and we re-connected instantly. We made our relationship "official" on July 28th (which is daves birthday & that makes it all the better LOL) even though we did have sex before that (on July 25th). Tonight is going to be the first night that we've spent apart since we got back from Quebec.
I just love how we are together. I knew at 15 that I wanted to be with him forever, and now at 19 those feelings are still the same.

It's just awesome because I haven't been with anyone since him, for 4 years I was single and never hooked-up with anyone. So if in the future we do get married and have kids then I can say that he was my "one true love" and the only guy I've ever had sex with. <3
kate1013
Hedley Ambassador

Postby icecreamgrrl » Tue Aug 14, 2012 11:54 am

I love that I have more time with my husband now, with my new job.
I have 3 nights off a week, so I see him so much more! :)

<3
~*Jenna*~
*Postwhore*
icecreamgrrl
Global Moderator / Hedley Ambassador

PreviousNext

Return to Other Shiz