[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
chat.hedleyonline.com • View topic - How-You-Met-Hedley Stories!

How-You-Met-Hedley Stories!

I had a dream about Hedley... my friend is a new fan... see my Hedley wall... etc etc

Postby mandyb7 » Mon Mar 23, 2009 12:28 pm

Tell us about your very first encounter with the band mates! Got more? Share them too!
Last edited by mandyb7 on Sun Jul 12, 2009 10:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mandyb7
Hedley Ambassador

Re: How-You-Met-Hedley Stories!

Postby xOnxMyxOwnx » Mon Mar 23, 2009 6:37 pm

I met Tommy after soundcheck at my first show. I don't remember all that was said but I do remember him at one point asking me (and everyone else who was there) our ages. And then I met him again outside and I wasn't wearing a coat and he was bugging me for not wearing a coat. Haha.

Calgary Stampede 2006:
Me: Jake! I have something for you.
Jake: What is it?
Me: A belated birthday card I made
Jake: Oh. Sweet. Just crumple it and throw it to me.
And then 10 minutes later he came up to me and thanked me for the card. He said it was a cute card.

And then I've had numerous convos with the band while getting autographs. Including at the MTV Leak concert in Calgary where Jake kept accusing me of being drunk. Haha. It was good times. But yeah. It would take me a while to write out all my convos with the guys. I've been asked by Tommy if me and a couple other girls wanted to party with him. lol. But I had to say no

Here's another of my faves: (January 22, 2008)
Me: I'm disappointed that you didn't have the Build-a-Bear I made for you on your drums tonight
Chris: Well, I can't bring him everywhere you know. And I'm disappointed that you didn't bring me another one today.
Me: Well. They are are expensive to make. I'm not made of money :P
Chris: I'm not a charity.

January 21, 2008: (first time through the a-line)
Jake: How did you enjoy the show?
Me: It sucked. I had a horrible time. No. I'm joking. It was amazing.
Jake: Are you coming to our show this summer?
Me: Uh....probably
Jake: Awe. You're a sweetheart.
And then he kissed my hand
Me: I saw the Build-a-Bear on your drums
Chris: I put him there just for you.

Same show-second time through the a-line:
Me: Do you even know what you're signing?
Dave: Uh....your bank card
Me: Maybe....
Jake: You're back here again?!
Me: Yes....

I met them on October 10 at both the book signing and after the show.
Book signing->
Chris: Hey! How are ya?
Me: Good.
Chris: Do you want me to sign on the front?
Me: Sure
Chris: There ya go. Have a great day
Jake: You look upset. What's your f'ing problem? (but he actually said the F word)
Me: I don't have one. And you shouldn't swear in public.
Jake: *smiles at me* You coming to the show tonight?
Me: Ya
Jake: Sweet. And I always swear in public. That's my problem.
Tom: Hey.
Me: Hey. You have facial hair...
Tom: I do. I'm shaving it tomorrow though.
Me: Why not today?
Tom: Tomorrow's my day off and I'll be able to take my time.
Me: Oh. Haha
And Dave just signed. He didn't say anything random. lol

After the concert->
Me: I'm back! :D
Chris: You're back! And you're all smiley and happy and all that sh*t *flips through my calandar* What page do you want me to sign?
Me: I was gonna say April, but the picture is too dark for the marker to show up.
Chris: Ok. I'll sign here *signs first page*
Didn't say anything to Tom or vice versa
Jake flips to the January page and signs it.
Me: Did you HAVE to sign on a different page?
Jake makes some random sound.
Me: It makes life more difficult, you know.
Jake: I like being different.
Me: But still....
Dave goes to the February page and signs it.
Me: Couldn't you be like everyone else and sign on the same page? It would make life more easier.
Dave laughs at me.
Jake: Do you like following the crowd? (He says this as I'm leaving the table.)
Me: Yes.

I have more but like I said, it would take a while to write them out. Cuz they are long convos and stuff. Haha

But those are my faves :)
xOnxMyxOwnx
Hedley Ambassador

Postby danielle. » Mon Mar 23, 2009 8:37 pm

Ok, my best was at the Centre in the Square show in Kitchener. I was going through the autograph line and getting the guys to sign my birthday on the calendar. It happened to be my 19th, and I told them that. Chris told me to "go get hammered legally." Which is exactly what I did.
danielle.

Postby shayla » Mon Mar 23, 2009 8:56 pm

First time was in August of 2007, and Tommy came to this gate after soundcheck. I didn't know what to do so I just waved hahaha, so really, that doesn't count. Then it was just the autograph line where Jake called me the quiet girl, rofl.
In January of 2008, I met Dave while walking around the venue bored. He called me smart for getting tickets early since they were sold out and then was like, "make sure you're bunndled up warm! I don't wanna see any fansicles out here!" <3 . Then we saw him 5 minutes later in the alley behind the venue hahaha and he was just like "ladies". And then the autograph line again, of course - didn't really talk much in that though.
AND THEN, October of 2008 - the BEST TIME EVEEERR. We were creeping out back by the stage door when we saw Jake and we freaked, hahaha. He was holding the door open for some people from Ten Second Epic bringing in equipment or something. He came over. We talked, took pictures, blahblah. And then we saw Dave out for a smoke, and later he came over too. He was really sad, so that kinda sucked :( I asked for a hug, and he hugged me with one arm -_- haha. Then Tommy came out, and he was like right behind us hahaha it freaked me out. He had a huge burp while there, and he was like, "oh sorry, I blame it on the beard". And in case you didn't know, at the Saskatoon show he had this really messed up beard thing hahaha. Oh, and we saw Chris but he crawled under a semi to avoid us.
And that's basically it :)
DC crew <33
shayla
Hedley Ambassador

Postby jessicamclean ! » Thu Mar 26, 2009 11:07 pm

Last edited by jessicamclean ! on Tue Dec 29, 2009 3:33 pm, edited 6 times in total.
"no matter how miserable and groggy are the days you have survived, they are still the days you came from. and are the days that have made you what you are this bright day. never forget."
jessicamclean !

Postby Lu-05 » Fri Mar 27, 2009 8:18 pm

there were a bunch of times, but my all time favourite was after the MTV Leak Live show in october (montreal).
i was in the autograph line, and asked chris to sign my ipod.
he turned it on to see what i was listening to, and it was Another Kind Of Green by John Mayer Trio (<3).
He signs it, passes it to Jake, who asks him if there was anything good on it.
Chris says "yeah, john mayer".
Then Jacob turns to me and is like "Do you like his song Gravity" (an amazing song & artist, btw. get it, if you havent already).
and i was like "Yes!"
Then jake was like "i love it." and he starts singing the chorus to me.
I melted.
.DC . . . Post Whore . . . A Jake's Girl . . . young&stupid.
Lu-05
Hedley Ambassador

Postby mandyb7 » Sat Jul 11, 2009 12:10 am

mandyb7
Hedley Ambassador

Postby Lu-05 » Sat Jul 11, 2009 10:59 am

.DC . . . Post Whore . . . A Jake's Girl . . . young&stupid.
Lu-05
Hedley Ambassador

Postby mandyb7 » Sun Jul 12, 2009 10:55 pm

mandyb7
Hedley Ambassador

Postby TStirr » Fri Jul 31, 2009 4:04 pm

okay so i dont have a met hedley story. :(
BUT i've never been so happy in my life as when i just read these stories. haha.
xOnxMyxOwnx (sorry i dont know your name!) and Lu-05 (sorry again haha) you are the luckiest people in the history of the universe! if jacob started singing to me i would probably pass out. NO exaggeration at all! hahaah :D
but anyways i'll stop being a creeper now :)
remember: what you're worth, you're worth fighting for, you're not a punching bag, you're not a doormat. remember you matter, they dont.
TStirr

Postby xOnxMyxOwnx » Mon Aug 31, 2009 10:24 am

xOnxMyxOwnx
Hedley Ambassador

Postby TStirr » Thu Sep 03, 2009 10:40 pm

Haha. Why am I so lucky? :P
I just get to the venues super early, that's all.
[/quote]

well i'll do that next time ? :)
exactly how early? haha
remember: what you're worth, you're worth fighting for, you're not a punching bag, you're not a doormat. remember you matter, they dont.
TStirr

Postby xOnxMyxOwnx » Thu Sep 03, 2009 10:47 pm

xOnxMyxOwnx
Hedley Ambassador

Postby TStirr » Thu Sep 03, 2009 10:57 pm

lmao! wow omg.. haha
do you honestly get to talk to them THAT much if you go that early?
cuz if i'm gonna go that early, i want it to be worth it! not just a quick hi, how are you. :)
TStirr

Postby xOnxMyxOwnx » Thu Sep 03, 2009 11:05 pm

xOnxMyxOwnx
Hedley Ambassador

Next

Return to Off The Wall