Introduce Yourself!

I had a dream about Hedley... my friend is a new fan... see my Hedley wall... etc etc

Re: Introduce Yourself!

Postby jan - brit » Mon Jul 23, 2012 11:12 am

icecreamgrrl wrote:I just updated my form cause some stuff had changed :P

Yes, Jan & Janet fill it out!
:P

I plan to! .. if I can just find a few minutes to breathe, life's been a bit busy lately :)
jan - brit
Forum Administrator / Hedley Ambassador

Postby jrexattack » Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:10 pm

First Name: Jess
Where Are You From: Montreal, but moving to Berlin in October.
Job: Behavioral therapist
Relationship Status: Boyfriended
Any Children?: Too many things to do first!
Pets: A terribly behaved dog named Jack.
Tattoos/ Piercings: Three tattoos - peace sign on my foot and treble clef heart and bass clef heart on the back of each hip. Pierced belly button, and pierced nose, but I don't wear it. Seven holes in my ears but I only wear one pair of earrings, sometimes two (lots of empty holes due to my impulsive nature)

How long have you been a fan?: Not since CI, but as soon as the band as we know it started out.
Were you on the older forums?: Only the one prior to this.
Who is your favorite Hedley guy?: In my fantasies? My boy JHo. In real life? Dave.
What is your favorite Hedley album?: FLW
What is your favorite Hedley song?: Brave New World
What is your favorite Hedley video?: GUNNIN' HELLO SHOWER SCENE
How many times have you saw Hedley in concert?: Jesus Christ I have no idea. Conservatively, 30-40.

What are some of your other favorite bands?: Any band with honest lyrics, plaid shirts and acoustic guitars, let's be honest. The big ones are always bright eyes, brand new, horse feathers, dan mangan, the gaslight anthem, the band, jeff rowe.... and Wu-Tang. until I die.
What are some of your other favorite songs?: always changing, but JJ Cale's Magnolia is a masterpiece.
What are your favorite tv shows?: I really only watch Game of Thrones and Sons of Anarchy... I just want to be a dragon-taming Old Lady when I grow up.
What are your favorite movies?: Shottas, I <3 Huckabees, The Princess Bride
What are your favorite books?: The Prophet, The Tao of Wu, anything by Chuck Klosterman.

Favorite food?: Avocado
Favorite drink?: extra dry white wines
Favorite season?: summer
Favorite holiday?: consumerist bullshit day
Favorite color?: grass after the rain
Favorite car?: bicycles

What is your favorite lyric? (One Hedley & One other):
"Nothing's as real as our old reckless ways"
and
"These are the days we dream about when the sunlight paints us gold"

Thank you, Jenna, for making me realize what an overly developed sense of premature nostalgia I have, haha!!!!!!!
jrexattack
Global Moderator / Hedley Ambassador

Postby icecreamgrrl » Tue Aug 07, 2012 9:23 am

jrexattack wrote:First Name: Jess
Where Are You From: Montreal, but moving to Berlin in October.
Job: Behavioral therapist
Relationship Status: Boyfriended
Any Children?: Too many things to do first!
Pets: A terribly behaved dog named Jack.
Tattoos/ Piercings: Three tattoos - peace sign on my foot and treble clef heart and bass clef heart on the back of each hip. Pierced belly button, and pierced nose, but I don't wear it. Seven holes in my ears but I only wear one pair of earrings, sometimes two (lots of empty holes due to my impulsive nature)

How long have you been a fan?: Not since CI, but as soon as the band as we know it started out.
Were you on the older forums?: Only the one prior to this.
Who is your favorite Hedley guy?: In my fantasies? My boy JHo. In real life? Dave.
What is your favorite Hedley album?: FLW
What is your favorite Hedley song?: Brave New World
What is your favorite Hedley video?: GUNNIN' HELLO SHOWER SCENE
How many times have you saw Hedley in concert?: Jesus Christ I have no idea. Conservatively, 30-40.

What are some of your other favorite bands?: Any band with honest lyrics, plaid shirts and acoustic guitars, let's be honest. The big ones are always bright eyes, brand new, horse feathers, dan mangan, the gaslight anthem, the band, jeff rowe.... and Wu-Tang. until I die.
What are some of your other favorite songs?: always changing, but JJ Cale's Magnolia is a masterpiece.
What are your favorite tv shows?: I really only watch Game of Thrones and Sons of Anarchy... I just want to be a dragon-taming Old Lady when I grow up.
What are your favorite movies?: Shottas, I <3 Huckabees, The Princess Bride
What are your favorite books?: The Prophet, The Tao of Wu, anything by Chuck Klosterman.

Favorite food?: Avocado
Favorite drink?: extra dry white wines
Favorite season?: summer
Favorite holiday?: consumerist bullshit day
Favorite color?: grass after the rain
Favorite car?: bicycles

"Nothing's as real as our old reckless ways"
and
"These are the days we dream about when the sunlight paints us gold"

Thank you, Jenna, for making me realize what an overly developed sense of premature nostalgia I have, haha!!!!!!!

You forgot about Rookie Blue.
~*Jenna*~
*Postwhore*
icecreamgrrl

Postby jrexattack » Wed Aug 08, 2012 3:59 pm

That's Springroll ;)
jrexattack

Postby icecreamgrrl » Thu Aug 09, 2012 7:13 am

jrexattack wrote:That's Springroll ;)

oh god, lol I got you two mixed up.
~*Jenna*~
*Postwhore*
icecreamgrrl

Postby jan - brit » Wed Aug 22, 2012 4:12 am

Better very (VERY) late than never??

First Name: Jan(et)
Where Are You From: The northwest of England, but I’ve lived in Las Vegas for the last 12+ years
Age: Young at heart, but old enough to know when to keep my mouth shut
Job: Wife, Mum, student, head cook & bottlewasher – in various, spontaneous (but primarily family-centric) combinations! :)
Relationship Status: Married with children
Any Children?: Sorry I got ahead of myself ;) – Yep! 2 teenaged boys
Pets: Geiko De Gecko – Betcha can’t guess what he is lol
Tattoos/ Piercings: No tattoos (I really, really love to look at them though!!) .. Ears and belly-button (wanting more ears)

How long have you been a fan?: May-ish 2006
Were you on the older forums?: Some, but not all
Who is your favorite Hedley guy?: Pshhh .. I love them all, of course!! 
What is your favorite Hedley album?: Depends on my mood. I absolutely LOVE noisy rock music .. but I’m also a bit of a lyrics freak .. and I like a good sing-a-long too! See my ‘problem’?? ;)
What is your favorite Hedley song?: Again, there’s so many!! .. ‘I Won’t Let You Go (Darling)’ blew me away 3 nights running on the ‘Shipwrecked’ tour this year though .. let’s say that for now.
What is your favorite Hedley video?: All of them, for so many different reasons! Haha (I’m not good at this, am I? )
How many times have you saw Hedley in concert?: 12 times (in 3 countries), which I consider to be a huge privilege, all things considered!) .. Sending some love to Mr. *jan – brit* right now .. just ‘cause. Haha ;)

What are some of your other favorite bands?: U2, The Smiths, Neon Trees, The Killers, The Cure, Everything really (but not so much country :/, sorry, it’s an English thing!)
What are some of your other favorite songs?: Heartland, Heaven Knows I’m Miserable Now, 1983, Read My Mind, Boys Don’t Cry, Nessun Dorma
What are your favorite tv shows?: Doctor Who, Criminal Minds, Dual Survivor, Storage Wars, BBCA stuff en masse.
What are your favorite movies?: LOTR, Leon (The Professional), Plunkett & McLean, True Romance, Rubber, Life Is Beautiful, Wayne’s World (1&2), Control, 24 Hour Party People
What are your favorite books?: God, I love books!!! LOL .. ‘The Griffin & Sabine Trilogy’ and ‘The Tao of Pooh’ are very special to me and John Wyndham writes some effing awesome sci-fi stuff! Also Nelson De Mille and James Patterson (for the pool), and bunches of sociologically based none-fiction /Nerdishness .. Bring it on!!

Favorite food?: Pretty much everything digestible .. with the exception of dill pickles, peanut butter and Marmite. (Re: the peanut butter .. I DON’T KNOW!!! .. But my tongue is having a hard time not sticking to the roof of my mouth in panic, just thinking about it!!)
Favorite drink?: Beer, wine, tequila, tea, coffee, water – per the situation ;)
Favorite season?: Summer!! Bring on the sunshine and tanning and swimming and wearing shorts etc. etc.!!
Favorite holiday?: Christmas (because a huge proportion of the rest can’t even be bothered to make up a reasonable background to their appeals for card/gift purchases) ... Cynical. Moi?
Favorite color?: Rainbows .. but especially purple
Favorite car?: One that gets me from A to B

Hedley – Wow! Again, way too many!! Jake’s writing is one of things that drew me to this band, but I think I’ll go with the absolutely BRILLIANT twist from; ‘We’ll remember the fires, the burning car tyres’ to ‘Now we’re putting out fires and changing car tyres’ in Old School for this. That whole song is so important to me. It’s incredible (and a little bit sad maybe?) that he was so prophetic and absolutely ‘spot on’, at such a young age.

U2: ‘The right to appear ridiculous is something I hold dear’ – I’ll Go Crazy If I Don’t Go Crazy Tonight. Says it all really
jan - brit

Postby icecreamgrrl » Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:11 am

jan - brit wrote:Better very (VERY) late than never??

First Name: Jan(et)
Where Are You From: The northwest of England, but I’ve lived in Las Vegas for the last 12+ years
Age: Young at heart, but old enough to know when to keep my mouth shut
Job: Wife, Mum, student, head cook & bottlewasher – in various, spontaneous (but primarily family-centric) combinations! :)
Relationship Status: Married with children
Any Children?: Sorry I got ahead of myself ;) – Yep! 2 teenaged boys,
Pets: Geiko De Gecko – Betcha can’t guess what he is lol
Tattoos/ Piercings: No tattoos (I really, really love to look at them though!!) .. Ears and belly-button (wanting more ears)

How long have you been a fan?: May-ish 2006
Were you on the older forums?: Some, but not all
Who is your favorite Hedley guy?: Pshhh .. I love them all, of course!!
What is your favorite Hedley album?: Depends on my mood. I absolutely LOVE noisy rock music .. but I’m also a bit of a lyrics freak .. and I like a good sing-a-long too! See my ‘problem’?? ;)
What is your favorite Hedley song?: Again, there’s so many!! .. ‘I Won’t Let You Go (Darling)’ blew me away 3 nights running on the ‘Shipwrecked’ tour this year though .. let’s say that for now.
What is your favorite Hedley video?: All of them, for so many different reasons! Haha (I’m not good at this, am I? )
How many times have you saw Hedley in concert?: 12 times (in 3 countries), which I consider to be a huge privilege, all things considered! ) .. Sending some love to Mr. *jan – brit* right now .. just ‘cause. Haha ;)

What are some of your other favorite bands?: U2, The Smiths, Neon Trees, The Killers, The Cure, Everything really (but not so much country :/, sorry, it’s an English thing!)
What are some of your other favorite songs?: Heartland, Heaven Knows I’m Miserable Now, 1983, Read My Mind, Boys Don’t Cry, Nessun Dorma
What are your favorite tv shows?: Doctor Who, Criminal Minds, Dual Survivor, Storage Wars, BBCA stuff en masse.
What are your favorite movies?: LOTR, Leon (The Professional), Plunkett & McLean, True Romance, Rubber, Life Is Beautiful, Wayne’s World (1&2), Control, 24 Hour Party People
What are your favorite books?: God, I love books!!! LOL .. ‘The Griffin & Sabine Trilogy’ and ‘The Tao of Pooh’ are very special to me and John Wyndham writes some effing awesome sci-fi stuff! Also Nelson De Mille and James Patterson (for the pool), and bunches of sociologically based none-fiction /Nerdishness .. Bring it on!!

Favorite food?: Pretty much everything digestible .. with the exception of dill pickles, peanut butter and Marmite. (Re: the peanut butter .. I DON’T KNOW!!! .. But my tongue is having a hard time not sticking to the roof of my mouth in panic, just thinking about it!!)
Favorite drink?: Beer, wine, tequila, tea, coffee, water – per the situation ;)
Favorite season?: Summer!! Bring on the sunshine and tanning and swimming and wearing shorts etc. etc.!!
Favorite holiday?: Christmas (because a huge proportion of the rest can’t even be bothered to make up a reasonable background to their appeals for card/gift purchases) ... Cynical. Moi?
Favorite color?: Rainbows .. but especially purple
Favorite car?: One that gets me from A to B

Hedley – Wow! Again, way too many!! Jake’s writing is one of things that drew me to this band, but I think I’ll go with the absolutely BRILLIANT twist from; ‘We’ll remember the fires, the burning car tyres’ to ‘Now we’re putting out fires and changing car tyres’ in Old School for this. That whole song is so important to me. It’s incredible (and a little bit sad maybe?) that he was so prophetic and absolutely ‘spot on’, at such a young age.

U2: ‘The right to appear ridiculous is something I hold dear’ – I’ll Go Crazy If I Don’t Go Crazy Tonight. Says it all really

About time! :)
~*Jenna*~
*Postwhore*
icecreamgrrl

Postby jan - brit » Wed Aug 22, 2012 12:48 pm

LOL! I know right?
jan - brit

Postby Tanou » Tue Sep 18, 2012 5:29 pm

OK, I'm really really late too!!! Lol!

First Name: Tania
Where Are You From: Sherbrooke, Qc
Job: Social Worker / Coordinator in a Suicide prevention center
Any Children?: Nope
Pets: A turtle named Chicken
Tattoos/ Piercings: 2 tattoos (a tribal design on my lower back and two butterflies on my right foot) 3 piercings (belly button, lip, tragus) many holes in my ears.

How long have you been a fan?: Since Canadian Idol
Were you on the older forums?: Yes, but I was only creeping at that time.
Who is your favorite Hedley guy?: Jake for the sexiness and Dave for his sweetness.
What is your favorite Hedley album?: Hedley
What is your favorite Hedley song?: So hard to choose just one song!!! I think I’d go with Trip ‘cause it’s sooooooo good live!!!
What is your favorite Hedley video?: Gunnin
How many times have you saw Hedley in concert?: Hmmmm… I don’t know… 20?

What are some of your other favorite bands?: Hanson, Arcade Fire
What are some of your other favorite songs?: On my own from Les Misérables, Great Divide / Hanson
What are your favorite tv shows?: Six feet under, Friends, True Blood, Glee
What are your favorite movies?: 2 frogs in the west, Harry Potter series, Big Fish, Boys don’t cry
What are your favorite books?: La nuit des Temps / Barjavel, Harry Potter series, every book written by Bernard Werber and Patrick Senecal.

Favorite food?: Chinese Fondue and Poutine
Favorite drink?: Red wine, Moosehead and Tequila
Favorite season?: Summer
Favorite holiday?: St. Patrick’s Day
Favorite color?: Green
Favorite car?: Mine, a Mazda 2, green

What is your favorite lyric?
I’ll cheat a little ‘cause I know it’s not really a Hedley song, but I’d go with this one from “Ordinary World”: "It’s alright to pretend to be someone else just for a while, but nothing is pretend if you stop breathing when you smile"
Tanou

Postby wintergreen » Sat Sep 29, 2012 9:21 am

I got bored.. filling this out again. I'm honestly not sure if my answers have changed, lol.

First Name: Kayla
Where Are You From: From Guelph, ON.. currently living in Welland, ON
Job: "Chief Operating Officer" at Kumon (my boss made that title up for me), and freelance web developer
Relationship Status: Married
Any Children?: None
Pets: Beagle named Ally (Allypie, Allygator, Gator, Gatorade, Gatorpie...)
Tattoos/ Piercings: Ears pierced a bunch, 2 tattoos

How long have you been a fan?: I've only reaaaaally paid attention to them since about 2009-2010. But I've enjoyed listening to them pretty much since they formed, I guess.
Were you on the older forums?: Yeah but I don't know which ones. I do know I made those dumb name tags for everyone on one of the forums..
Who is your favorite Hedley guy?: Do I even need to answer this? Everyone knows...
What is your favorite Hedley album?: I really enjoy Storms.
What is your favorite Hedley song?: Old School and We Are Unbreakable
What is your favorite Hedley video?: 321, mainly because of its hilarity
How many times have you saw Hedley in concert?: I just counted and I think 7? But I'd only say 6.5 since one time was only Jake and Dave.

What are some of your other favorite bands?: Street Pharmacy, Anberlin, New Found Glory, Marianas Trench, TKWC, Linkin Park...
What are some of your other favorite songs?: At this very moment I'm reeeeally enjoying Little Talks by Of Monsters and Men.
What are your favorite tv shows?: Grey's Anatomy, Glee, Parks and Rec, Community...
What are your favorite movies?: Willy Wonka and Space Jam are probably my favs (I'm a kid at heart).
What are your favorite books?: Emily Giffin novels have been my favourites so far, I think.

Favorite food?: Uhh... chocolate stuff. Or pizza. Or chocolate pizza?
Favorite drink?: Anything fruity
Favorite season?: Fall, maybe? I don't like hot or cold, and I like wearing sweaters.
Favorite holiday?: Christmas!
Favorite color?: Purple and green
Favorite car?: No real favourites

What is your favorite lyric? (One Hedley & One other): Hedley - "Find a way to smile and never let it get away"; non-Hedley: "We can't control the time, but right now I'll take what I can get out of my life"
wintergreen

Postby stephanieo_10 » Sun Nov 25, 2012 11:47 pm

First Name:Stephanie
Where Are You From:Niagara Falls
Job: Full time at Mcdonalds in summer, currently studying Graphic Design at Fanshawe College
Relationship Status: single
Any Children?: no
Pets:cat
Tattoos/ Piercings: pierced ears, hopefully tattoo soon

How long have you been a fan?: since about 2008/2009
Were you on the older forums?:no
Who is your favorite Hedley guy?: Dave Rosin holds a special place in my heart but, love all the guys so much
What is your favorite Hedley album?: Storms because it came out when I needed some inspiration in my life and it really helped me through alot.
What is your favorite Hedley song?: Soo hard! My favs include Johnny Falls, Heavens Gonna Wait, Never Too Late, Friends, The Show Must Go, Color Outside The Lines, Bullet for Your Dreams
What is your favorite Hedley video?: Invincible
How many times have you saw Hedley in concert?: 5 actual concerts and 4 other performance events

What are some of your other favorite bands?: All Time Low, Meg & Dia, Lights, Marianas Trench, The Civil Wars, Street Pharmacy, The Beatles
What are some of your other favorite songs?: Banner - Lights, Unsinkable Ships - Meg&Dia, Weightless - All Time Low, The Upsetter - Jack Johnson
What are your favorite tv shows?: Friends, Jimmy Fallon, Modern Family, The Office, Rick Mercer Report, Big Bang Theory
What are your favorite movies?: Forrest Gump is all time favorite, Grease, Crazy Stupid Love also up there
What are your favorite books?: not much of a reader but Standing Tall - Spencer West is incredible

Favorite food?:Chinese
Favorite drink?: Iced Tea
Favorite season?: Spring
Favorite holiday?:Christmas
Favorite color?:Teal
Favorite car?: not much of a car person

What is your favorite lyric? (One Hedley & One other): Know your way down your music, your town. You never are walking alone. A storm that won't wait, a heart that won't break. Your mountains ain't made out of stone." I Won't Let You Go. "Dark out, but you still gotta light up. You need to wake up, gotta keep your face up." Face Up - Lights

Haven't been using the forum for long and plan on starting to use it alot more. Looking forward to getting to know everyone better : )
Stephanie
stephanieo_10

Postby keldrew0614 » Fri Nov 30, 2012 4:01 pm

I haven't been on these boards forever I was on maternity leave and in baby mode - missed all the Hedley Info

First Name: Kelly
Where Are You From: Midland, ON
Job: Receptionist for Real Estate Company
Relationship Status: Married
Any Children?: 2 Boys - Austin Art is 5 and Garrett Jacob is 1 :)
Pets: Rabbit - Cadbury
Tattoos/ Piercings: Just boring earrings!

How long have you been a fan?: 2006
Were you on the older forums?: Yes
Who is your favorite Hedley guy?: Love them all :)
What is your favorite Hedley album?: They all hold a special place in my heart but I would have to say Storms
What is your favorite Hedley song?: Never Too Late, KYIO, Perfect - the list would go on and on
What is your favorite Hedley video?: Perfect
How many times have you saw Hedley in concert?: 15

What are some of your other favorite bands?: Marianas Trench, Usher, Bon Jovi
What are some of your other favorite songs?: Payphone, Scream
What are your favorite tv shows?: 90210, Reality Shows, Big Bang Theory, Mike & Molly
What are your favorite movies?: Channing Tatum Movies and Dance Movies (Step up, Dirty Dancing, Grease)
What are your favorite books?: Fifty Shades

Favorite food?: French Fries and Gravy and Chocolate, Sour Cream and Onion chips
Favorite drink?: Ice Tea
Favorite season?: Anything BUT winter!!!!!!!!!
Favorite holiday?: Halloween and Christmas
Favorite color?: Purple & Red
Favorite car?:

What is your favorite lyric? (One Hedley & One other): Making every kind of silence, it takes a lot to realize
It's worse to finish than to start all over and never let it lie.
keldrew0614
Hedley Ambassador

Previous

Return to Off The Wall