"New songs" Thread.

All things great and Hedley related.
Post Reply
User avatar
kate1013
Hedley Ambassador
Posts: 13476
Joined: Mon Mar 23, 2009 3:14 pm
Location: New Brunswick
Contact:

Re: "New songs" Thread. Colour Outside The Lines added

Post by kate1013 » Sat Jul 23, 2011 2:02 pm

Robin wrote:They're pretty clear. If I had the time I'd type them.


i find most parts are clear.. but there are some where i'm not 100% sure what he's saying.
Image
Hedley Shows To Date: 32

User avatar
felish1992
Hedley Ambassador
Posts: 2833
Joined: Mon Mar 23, 2009 2:48 pm
Location: Ontario
Contact:

Re: "New songs" Thread. Colour Outside The Lines added

Post by felish1992 » Sat Jul 23, 2011 5:35 pm

after listening through to it pretty quickly this is what I came up with. Feel free to correct/ offer input if you think I misheard

Stormy Lyrics

Unsteady road of travel…… I’m searching for some piece of mind.
Home that you know, a home left behind
Oh trouble, don’t trouble, tonight

Baby don’t look back, I won’t crack, I won’t make a sound without you
Baby odds don’t stack, I won’t crack, I won’t tumble down without you

Chorus:
And even if it sounds crazy, darlin I won’t let you go
And even if it starts raining, darlin I won’t let you go
And even if the whole world starts burning, I won’t let you go.
Even if it’s sounds crazy, darlin I won’t let you go

Long way down, your music, your town
Your never out walkin alone
This heart that won’t break, a stone that won’t wait
No mountain is made out of stone

Baby don’t look back, odds don’t stack
They just crumble down, around you
Oh you gotta go away, if you wanna come back, I won’t crack
I can’t make a sound , without you

Chorus:
And even if it sounds crazy, darlin I won’t let you go
And even if it don't stop raining, darlin I won’t let you go
And even if the whole world starts burning, I won’t let you go.
Even if it sounds crazy, darlin I won’t let you go
Image
Find a way to smile, and never let it get away
19 Hedley shows to date <3

User avatar
kate1013
Hedley Ambassador
Posts: 13476
Joined: Mon Mar 23, 2009 3:14 pm
Location: New Brunswick
Contact:

Re: "New songs" Thread. Colour Outside The Lines added

Post by kate1013 » Sat Jul 23, 2011 10:32 pm

^ i didn't have it playing as i went through what you got, i just tried to sing it in my head.. and it seems pretty accurate.
tomorrow i'll take a closer look, but well done !

it look/sounds to me that this is still a "rough" demo. I know often times in the past we'd hear songs ahead of time and when we got the album there were a fair amount of differences with the lyrics.
which is to be expected of course :P
Image
Hedley Shows To Date: 32

User avatar
Robin
Hedley Ambassador
Posts: 8509
Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2009 3:11 pm
Location: Regina (Sort of), Saskatchewan
Contact:

Re: "New songs" Thread. Colour Outside The Lines added

Post by Robin » Sun Jul 24, 2011 1:27 am

Thumbs up, Felicia!
Image

<3 A Jakes Girl
<3 A Mother Effin Dave's Girl
<3 Post Whore
<3 'Stache Lover
<3 Harry Fan Club


http://headed-for-disaster.blogspot.com/

User avatar
lisakelly
Global Moderator / Hedley Ambassador
Posts: 14164
Joined: Mon Mar 23, 2009 11:13 am
Location: A happy place inside my head!
Contact:

Re: "New songs" Thread. Stormy added

Post by lisakelly » Sun Jul 24, 2011 10:12 am

Thanks Felicia, I've added your lyrics to the first post.
Image

Avie & siggy credit go to Jan <3

User avatar
Robin
Hedley Ambassador
Posts: 8509
Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2009 3:11 pm
Location: Regina (Sort of), Saskatchewan
Contact:

Re: "New songs" Thread. Colour Outside The Lines added

Post by Robin » Sun Jul 24, 2011 11:59 am

I'm listening now, and I'll add what I hear in bold.
felish1992 wrote:Unsteady road of travel be kind
I’m searching for some peace (haha, it was buggin me :P) of mind.
Home that you know, a home left behind
Oh trouble, don’t trouble, tonight

Baby don’t look back, I won’t crack, I won’t make a sound without you
Baby odds don’t stack, I won’t crack, I won’t tumble down without you

Chorus:
And even if it sounds crazy, darlin I won’t let you go
And even if it starts raining, darlin I won’t let you go
And even if the whole world starts burning, I won’t let you go.
Even if it’s sounds crazy, darlin I won’t let you go

Long way down, your music, your town
Your never out walkin alone
This heart that won’t break, a stone that won’t wait
No mountain is made out of stone

Baby don’t look back, odds don’t stack
Ages crumble down, around you
Oh you gotta go away, if you wanna come back, I won’t crack
I can’t make a sound , without you

Chorus:
And even if it sounds crazy, darlin I won’t let you go
And even if it don't stop raining, darlin I won’t let you go
And even if the whole damn burning darling (I know it doesn't make sense, but that's definitely what I hear), I won’t let you go.
Even if it sounds crazy, darlin I won’t let you go

good job though!
Last edited by Robin on Tue Jul 26, 2011 12:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image

<3 A Jakes Girl
<3 A Mother Effin Dave's Girl
<3 Post Whore
<3 'Stache Lover
<3 Harry Fan Club


http://headed-for-disaster.blogspot.com/

User avatar
icecreamgrrl
Global Moderator / Hedley Ambassador
Posts: 44099
Joined: Mon Mar 23, 2009 3:02 pm
Location: NS, Canada
Contact:

Re: "New songs" Thread. Stormy added

Post by icecreamgrrl » Mon Jul 25, 2011 4:42 pm

i adore stormy!
~*Jenna*~
*Postwhore*
Image
Image

User avatar
kate1013
Hedley Ambassador
Posts: 13476
Joined: Mon Mar 23, 2009 3:14 pm
Location: New Brunswick
Contact:

Re: "New songs" Thread. Stormy added

Post by kate1013 » Tue Jul 26, 2011 11:06 am

icecreamgrrl wrote:i adore stormy!


same, i really like it too.
it's very jake i think.
Image
Hedley Shows To Date: 32

User avatar
srank87
Hedley Ambassador
Posts: 317
Joined: Thu Jul 01, 2010 12:17 pm
Location: Ontario
Contact:

Re: "New songs" Thread. Stormy added

Post by srank87 » Tue Jul 26, 2011 9:11 pm

icecreamgrrl wrote:i adore stormy!


I honestly cant stop listening to it <3
Image
** Canadian Cat **
♥ Team T-Mac ♥

User avatar
dani
Hedley Ambassador
Posts: 11799
Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2009 6:59 pm
Contact:

Re: "New songs" Thread. Stormy added

Post by dani » Thu Jul 28, 2011 5:55 pm

can someone send me a link for this?
♥ At least we did it our way, and learned the hard way, it's all that these scars say ♥
Image

User avatar
dani
Hedley Ambassador
Posts: 11799
Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2009 6:59 pm
Contact:

Re: "New songs" Thread. Stormy added

Post by dani » Fri Jul 29, 2011 11:45 am

<3

if the whole album sounds this great i will be very pleased ♥
♥ At least we did it our way, and learned the hard way, it's all that these scars say ♥
Image

User avatar
felish1992
Hedley Ambassador
Posts: 2833
Joined: Mon Mar 23, 2009 2:48 pm
Location: Ontario
Contact:

Re: "New songs" Thread. Colour Outside The Lines added

Post by felish1992 » Fri Jul 29, 2011 12:49 pm

Robin wrote:I'm listening now, and I'll add what I hear in bold.
felish1992 wrote:Unsteady road of travel be kind
I’m searching for some peace (haha, it was buggin me :P) of mind.
Home that you know, a home left behind
Oh trouble, don’t trouble, tonight

Baby don’t look back, I won’t crack, I won’t make a sound without you
Baby odds don’t stack, I won’t crack, I won’t tumble down without you

Chorus:
And even if it sounds crazy, darlin I won’t let you go
And even if it starts raining, darlin I won’t let you go
And even if the whole world starts burning, I won’t let you go.
Even if it’s sounds crazy, darlin I won’t let you go

Long way down, your music, your town
Your never out walkin alone
This heart that won’t break, a stone that won’t wait
No mountain is made out of stone

Baby don’t look back, odds don’t stack
Ages crumble down, around you
Oh you gotta go away, if you wanna come back, I won’t crack
I can’t make a sound , without you

Chorus:
And even if it sounds crazy, darlin I won’t let you go
And even if it don't stop raining, darlin I won’t let you go
And even if the whole damn burning darling (I know it doesn't make sense, but that's definitely what I hear), I won’t let you go.
Even if it sounds crazy, darlin I won’t let you go

good job though!


I approve of your changes , for the one correction you did I can definitely hear "ages crumble down around you" as well. However jake tweeted
"Baby don't look back, odds don't stack, they just crumble down around you #stormy " on July 26

It's one of those lyrics that it sound right either way you say it, I can definitely hear both ways
Image
Find a way to smile, and never let it get away
19 Hedley shows to date <3

User avatar
Robin
Hedley Ambassador
Posts: 8509
Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2009 3:11 pm
Location: Regina (Sort of), Saskatchewan
Contact:

Re: "New songs" Thread. Colour Outside The Lines added

Post by Robin » Fri Jul 29, 2011 3:47 pm

felish1992 wrote:
Robin wrote:I'm listening now, and I'll add what I hear in bold.
felish1992 wrote:Unsteady road of travel be kind
I’m searching for some peace (haha, it was buggin me :P) of mind.
Home that you know, a home left behind
Oh trouble, don’t trouble, tonight

Baby don’t look back, I won’t crack, I won’t make a sound without you
Baby odds don’t stack, I won’t crack, I won’t tumble down without you

Chorus:
And even if it sounds crazy, darlin I won’t let you go
And even if it starts raining, darlin I won’t let you go
And even if the whole world starts burning, I won’t let you go.
Even if it’s sounds crazy, darlin I won’t let you go

Long way down, your music, your town
Your never out walkin alone
This heart that won’t break, a stone that won’t wait
No mountain is made out of stone

Baby don’t look back, odds don’t stack
Ages crumble down, around you
Oh you gotta go away, if you wanna come back, I won’t crack
I can’t make a sound , without you

Chorus:
And even if it sounds crazy, darlin I won’t let you go
And even if it don't stop raining, darlin I won’t let you go
And even if the whole damn burning darling (I know it doesn't make sense, but that's definitely what I hear), I won’t let you go.
Even if it sounds crazy, darlin I won’t let you go

good job though!


I approve of your changes , for the one correction you did I can definitely hear "ages crumble down around you" as well. However jake tweeted
"Baby don't look back, odds don't stack, they just crumble down around you #stormy " on July 26

It's one of those lyrics that it sound right either way you say it, I can definitely hear both ways

I missed that tweet. But both make sense, and hey, lyrics change, wouldn't be the first time :P
Image

<3 A Jakes Girl
<3 A Mother Effin Dave's Girl
<3 Post Whore
<3 'Stache Lover
<3 Harry Fan Club


http://headed-for-disaster.blogspot.com/

User avatar
srank87
Hedley Ambassador
Posts: 317
Joined: Thu Jul 01, 2010 12:17 pm
Location: Ontario
Contact:

Re: "New songs" Thread. Colour Outside The Lines added

Post by srank87 » Mon Aug 08, 2011 2:23 pm

Robin wrote:
felish1992 wrote:
Robin wrote:I'm listening now, and I'll add what I hear in bold.
felish1992 wrote:Unsteady road of travel be kind
I’m searching for some peace (haha, it was buggin me :P) of mind.
Home that you know, a home left behind
Oh trouble, don’t trouble, tonight

Baby don’t look back, I won’t crack, I won’t make a sound without you
Baby odds don’t stack, I won’t crack, I won’t tumble down without you

Chorus:
And even if it sounds crazy, darlin I won’t let you go
And even if it starts raining, darlin I won’t let you go
And even if the whole world starts burning, I won’t let you go.
Even if it’s sounds crazy, darlin I won’t let you go

Long way down, your music, your town
Your never out walkin alone
This heart that won’t break, a stone that won’t wait
No mountain is made out of stone

Baby don’t look back, odds don’t stack
Ages crumble down, around you
Oh you gotta go away, if you wanna come back, I won’t crack
I can’t make a sound , without you

Chorus:
And even if it sounds crazy, darlin I won’t let you go
And even if it don't stop raining, darlin I won’t let you go
And even if the whole damn burning darling (I know it doesn't make sense, but that's definitely what I hear), I won’t let you go.
Even if it sounds crazy, darlin I won’t let you go

good job though!


I approve of your changes , for the one correction you did I can definitely hear "ages crumble down around you" as well. However jake tweeted
"Baby don't look back, odds don't stack, they just crumble down around you #stormy " on July 26

It's one of those lyrics that it sound right either way you say it, I can definitely hear both ways

I missed that tweet. But both make sense, and hey, lyrics change, wouldn't be the first time :P



Nope it really wouldnt be, he even tweeted yesterday "Tweekin Lyrics...." so I wouldnt be surprised to see a couple of changes
Image
** Canadian Cat **
♥ Team T-Mac ♥

User avatar
mandyb7
Hedley Ambassador
Posts: 1380
Joined: Mon Mar 23, 2009 11:19 am
Location: where the beverages are
Contact:

Re: "New songs" Thread. Stormy added

Post by mandyb7 » Tue Aug 09, 2011 9:59 pm

Whoever updated the first post with "Stormy" THANKS! I felt bad knowing there was a new song and not coming around to update this. So thanks whichever Mod did it :)
Image

Post Reply