Favourite Track off "Hello"?

All things great and Hedley related.
JacobSweater

Favourite Track off "Hello"?

Post by JacobSweater » Sat Nov 07, 2015 7:36 am

What is your favourite track off "Hello"?

I really love Quit and Very First Time but I'm gonna have to go with Quit. Its fun and up beat. I really like Jakes vocals on the track too. Who doesn't like a good break up song?

I made a poll to vote on your favourite song if you want too:
http://goo.gl/u7HKp5
THAT'S THE SHIT THAT MAKES ME QUIT.

Tripmeister
Guru

Re: Favourite Track off "Hello"?

Post by Tripmeister » Sun Nov 08, 2015 11:31 am

I think Hedley and I have been slowly parting ways for a while now. I haven't truly enjoyed an album since The Show Must Go. I've only liked a few songs from the last couple albums. I think I like Hello better than Wild Life so far though overall.

As for favourite songs, I'm really digging Quit and Lose Control. Nice and upbeat and fun. And I kinda like Hello too. Hopefully some more songs keep growing on me.
||I can't stop the rain from falling / I can't stop my heart from calling you||

Hedley concerts to date: 6
6/9/07
2/5/08
4/4/10
10/1/10
3/4/12
3/7/14

KHook321
Fan

Post by KHook321 » Sun Nov 08, 2015 8:34 pm

I'm loving Very First Time. That's the clip that stood out to me when they were releasing them daily, and I did end up loving the full version. Quit is great too. I also am enjoying most of the other tracks. Overall I like this album better than Wild Life, BUT I would say that Crazy For You and Anything are probably better than most of this album.

I'm just glad Lost In Translation was an exception for me. Still can't get into that song!
American, Male, Hedley Fan

jan - brit
Forum Administrator / Hedley Ambassador

Post by jan - brit » Thu Nov 12, 2015 12:08 am

I think my favourites (in album order) are: ' Hello', 'Can't Slow Down', 'I Will', 'Lose Control', 'Back To Basics' and 'The Knife' .. but I also love most of the other songs too. The only tracks that haven't really grabbed me (yet), are 'Alive' and 'Sympathy'. I don't hate them, by any means, but they just don't stand out as much as the others.

I can't wait to see which songs make the setlist. At the listening party in Toronto, all of us fans wanted to see 'Lose Control' on there .. I still do! I think it would be an insanely fun few minutes! :)

queenbee1992
Amateur

Post by queenbee1992 » Tue Jan 19, 2016 9:36 pm

As with all of Hedley's previous music, it's too hard to name just one song off their new album as my favourite, so I've narrowed down to my top 5:

Quit - A breakup song with an upbeat twist? Love the 80's vibe this one has. Makes me wanna get up and dance! :mrgreen:

Lose Control - I literally lose control when I listen to this song! Another fun, energetic dance track. :ugeek:

Lost in Translation - It seems like lot of people aren't a fan of this one for some reason, but I happen to love it. The lyrics are a bit silly but It's fun and and upbeat with a lot of layers to it. I actually think its sounds a lot like old Hedley, but with a twist! ;)

Hello - Love the 80's feel this one has as well. I swear this song is always playing on the radio as of lately, but I'm not complaining! Really catchy melody, and fun to sing along to. Love the meaning behind it as well. 8-)

The Knife - Classic Hedley ballad! <3 I've always loved how Jake can make his voice go from a perfectly smooth falsetto down to raw and gritty. Just beautiful <3 :D

jan - brit

Post by jan - brit » Wed Jan 20, 2016 1:17 am

You've got a couple of my favourites in your list. Also, I totally hear you about 'Lost In Translation' .. it may not be a deep and meaningful song, but it's very catchy and fun, and I'm really looking forward to hearing it live (fingers crossed!) :)

queenbee1992
Amateur

Post by queenbee1992 » Thu Jan 21, 2016 4:43 pm

jan - brit wrote:You've got a couple of my favourites in your list. Also, I totally hear you about 'Lost In Translation' .. it may not be a deep and meaningful song, but it's very catchy and fun, and I'm really looking forward to hearing it live (fingers crossed!) :)
Ya I really hope they play it on tour! The beat alone would sound amazing blasting through those ginormous concert speakers!

jan - brit

Post by jan - brit » Sun Jan 24, 2016 8:47 pm

Agreed!!

kate1013
Hedley Ambassador

Post by kate1013 » Sun Jan 31, 2016 8:40 pm

queenbee1992 wrote:
jan - brit wrote:You've got a couple of my favourites in your list. Also, I totally hear you about 'Lost In Translation' .. it may not be a deep and meaningful song, but it's very catchy and fun, and I'm really looking forward to hearing it live (fingers crossed!) :)
Ya I really hope they play it on tour! The beat alone would sound amazing blasting through those ginormous concert speakers!
I think they'll definitely play it live... it was their first hit from the album and I've never known them (or any band really) to not play their singles.

I was very nervous when they were releasing the clips for this album. I was so disappointed by what I was hearing.... though I did give the album a fair shot and had it playing in my car for a good month and a half before I took it out. I don't find that I completely HATE any of the songs, but I think it's fair to say that I don't really LOVE any of them either.

I think that Wild Life and Hello are pretty much on even playing field for me. Though... maybe Wild Life might actually rank higher. Maybe once I see the songs live I'll be able to re-evaluate at that time.
Hedley Shows To Date: 32

Kate
Fan

Post by Kate » Mon Mar 28, 2016 1:56 am

The Knife.

Also; Can't Slow Down, Man Killer and Back to Basics!
Between your lips and fading lights, we’re gonna get no sleep tonight

jan - brit

Post by jan - brit » Mon Mar 28, 2016 11:59 am

Kate!! Nice to see you here :)

Kate
Fan

Post by Kate » Fri Apr 01, 2016 4:53 am

jan - brit wrote:Kate!! Nice to see you here :)
Thanks, Jan!! Good to drop by - I'm still supporting the guys, as always, just not as much time to indulge in it all these days, unfortunately.

Hope you're well :)
Between your lips and fading lights, we’re gonna get no sleep tonight

jan - brit

Post by jan - brit » Mon Apr 04, 2016 3:35 pm

Kate wrote:
jan - brit wrote:Kate!! Nice to see you here :)
Thanks, Jan!! Good to drop by - I'm still supporting the guys, as always, just not as much time to indulge in it all these days, unfortunately.

Hope you're well :)
I'm good, thanks! I know what you mean; life can run away with you sometimes. Glad to hear you're still following along though. :)