Challenge to ALL Hedley Forumers ...

All things great and Hedley related.
wintergreen
Groupie

Re: Challenge to ALL Hedley Forumers ...

Post by wintergreen » Tue Aug 07, 2012 6:12 pm

We might be able to get more users (and have them be active on the forum) if we had more quality posts. The actual Hedley-related stuff that's posted on here is fantastic, and even the stuff related to other bands. Sometimes I get turned away from the board when I come on and the only new posts for a few days straight are the game ones. I'm not saying we should stop posting in those, it's just that they kind of hide the quality posts related to Hedley I think. Maybe?

icecreamgrrl
Global Moderator / Hedley Ambassador

Post by icecreamgrrl » Wed Aug 08, 2012 5:48 am

wintergreen wrote:We might be able to get more users (and have them be active on the forum) if we had more quality posts. The actual Hedley-related stuff that's posted on here is fantastic, and even the stuff related to other bands. Sometimes I get turned away from the board when I come on and the only new posts for a few days straight are the game ones. I'm not saying we should stop posting in those, it's just that they kind of hide the quality posts related to Hedley I think. Maybe?

I love the games but I completely see what you're saying.
Maybe we should make a point to post in the other threads daily too.
~*Jenna*~
*Postwhore*

Tanou

Post by Tanou » Wed Aug 08, 2012 7:44 am

icecreamgrrl wrote:
wintergreen wrote:We might be able to get more users (and have them be active on the forum) if we had more quality posts. The actual Hedley-related stuff that's posted on here is fantastic, and even the stuff related to other bands. Sometimes I get turned away from the board when I come on and the only new posts for a few days straight are the game ones. I'm not saying we should stop posting in those, it's just that they kind of hide the quality posts related to Hedley I think. Maybe?

I love the games but I completely see what you're saying.
Maybe we should make a point to post in the other threads daily too.

I totally agree. And I'm totally ok with people going in the games thread a lot even though I never go. It's just sad to see that the only really active threads are those not related to Hedley. People don't share their pictures anymore, their M&G stories, discuss the news, ... It's a Hedley forum, we got a couple new members in the last month or so, so I agree with you Jenna that we should try to make an effort and post more in the Hedley related threads.

Taylor.
Hedley Ambassador

Post by Taylor. » Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:40 pm

I'll try to post more often. I lurk in here all the time but i don't actually post very often!

Tanou

Post by Tanou » Thu Aug 09, 2012 8:48 pm

Taylor. wrote:I'll try to post more often. I lurk in here all the time but i don't actually post very often!

You're def not alone!

It's funny, and sad that we joined the Forum almost at the same time and I don't even know you! :)

Taylor.
Hedley Ambassador

Post by Taylor. » Sat Aug 11, 2012 3:35 pm

Tanou wrote:
Taylor. wrote:I'll try to post more often. I lurk in here all the time but i don't actually post very often!

You're def not alone!

It's funny, and sad that we joined the Forum almost at the same time and I don't even know you! :)

It is! I've really only ever talked to a small handful of people on here haha.

jan - brit
Forum Administrator / Hedley Ambassador

Post by jan - brit » Sun Aug 12, 2012 12:48 am

I think there's some great points been made here :)

I also hope people will post their pictures and reviews here like they used to. We have such an amazing archive (in the 'Concerts and Reviews' section) of so many shows over the years and that's totally down to people having shared their experiences. I personally LOVE to hear people's stories and to 'feel' their excitement, both before and after a show - and if they want to share pics etc. then that's awesome too! :)

icecreamgrrl

Post by icecreamgrrl » Sun Aug 12, 2012 8:30 am

jan - brit wrote:I think there's some great points been made here :)

I also hope people will post their pictures and reviews here like they used to. We have such an amazing archive (in the 'Concerts and Reviews' section) of so many shows over the years and that's totally down to people having shared their experiences. I personally LOVE to hear people's stories and to 'feel' their excitement, both before and after a show - and if they want to share pics etc. then that's awesome too! :)

I agree jan
~*Jenna*~
*Postwhore*

Pamela Kathleen
Fan

Post by Pamela Kathleen » Sun Aug 12, 2012 6:55 pm

I too am guilty of lurking and not posting much.

I am sure when the boys do their US tour we'll have a ton of stories to share!
If I got you then I'll be okay; if I got you I like it that way. ♥

janet
Forum Administrator / Hedley Ambassador

Post by janet » Mon Aug 13, 2012 9:29 am

;)
jan - brit wrote:I think there's some great points been made here :)

We do have so much "history" posted through the Forum. I miss the old days when everyone posted their pictures and shared their stories ... then along came Facebook :(

I still have to get my pictures from Sarnia and now Chatham posted in the concert section. I will get them up ;)

kristy
Fan

Post by kristy » Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:29 am

I am guilty of lurking too.

I find that most of the people I met/know from the forum are no longer posting or even lurking. It was very active when there were a lot of concerts going on in Ontario and when the majority of the people on here were a bit younger and didn't have so much going on. I find the age gap very large right now. Makes it hard to interact when our lives are so very different. I agree that there needs to be more Hedley topics. I'm sorry but if you want to talk "games" go to a forum about that game.... (Just an opinion.)

It's hard for me now since most of the current forum users are younger than I am. There are those of you that I've known a while and I still keep up with on Facebook, but I don't feel the draw to the forum anymore. I don't have anything in common with many people on here. And since I don't have the time/money to go to concerts anymore, I feel quite left out at times. Most of the chatter on here is about concerts. Which I realize is a main factor in the enjoyment of Hedley but there are more things that the guys are involved in that would interest me more. Or its about random things that I don't have an interest in.

wintergreen
Groupie

Post by wintergreen » Tue Aug 21, 2012 6:02 am

kristy wrote:I am guilty of lurking too.

I find that most of the people I met/know from the forum are no longer posting or even lurking. It was very active when there were a lot of concerts going on in Ontario and when the majority of the people on here were a bit younger and didn't have so much going on. I find the age gap very large right now. Makes it hard to interact when our lives are so very different. I agree that there needs to be more Hedley topics. I'm sorry but if you want to talk "games" go to a forum about that game.... (Just an opinion.)

It's hard for me now since most of the current forum users are younger than I am. There are those of you that I've known a while and I still keep up with on Facebook, but I don't feel the draw to the forum anymore. I don't have anything in common with many people on here. And since I don't have the time/money to go to concerts anymore, I feel quite left out at times. Most of the chatter on here is about concerts. Which I realize is a main factor in the enjoyment of Hedley but there are more things that the guys are involved in that would interest me more. Or its about random things that I don't have an interest in.
While I'm sure you already know this, if there's ever anything you want to discuss on here, just post it! I'm sure other people will chime in as well.

I know what you mean about the 'games'. From my past experience on forums, it's what people do to get their post count up, because for some dumb reason that's important to them. I'm not saying people on here are like that, it's just that I have that stuck in my mind because of past experience. I only play when I'm really bored, or if there's absolutely nothing else going on on the forum (but with that said I don't reply to ALL of the games, because then if someone does come on here to talk Hedley they might be turned away from the 37946378 new game posts). But quality of posts > quantity of posts.

icecreamgrrl

Post by icecreamgrrl » Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:48 am

wintergreen wrote:
kristy wrote:I am guilty of lurking too.

While I'm sure you already know this, if there's ever anything you want to discuss on here, just post it! I'm sure other people will chime in as well.

I know what you mean about the 'games'. From my past experience on forums, it's what people do to get their post count up, because for some dumb reason that's important to them. I'm not saying people on here are like that, it's just that I have that stuck in my mind because of past experience. I only play when I'm really bored, or if there's absolutely nothing else going on on the forum (but with that said I don't reply to ALL of the games, because then if someone does come on here to talk Hedley they might be turned away from the 37946378 new game posts). But quality of posts > quantity of posts.
I play the games a lot, but it's because the rest of the forum is so dead, if it's wasn't, I wouldn't play as much. When it's the only place that people post, it kind of pulls you there.
~*Jenna*~
*Postwhore*

kristy
Fan

Post by kristy » Tue Aug 21, 2012 4:30 pm

I understand what you have said but I've posted things a number of times that are never responded to. Makes it really hard to continue posting.

My main point that I wanted to get across was that right now with the Hedley crowd, there seems to be a very distinct age gap. Those in high school and into all the trends right now, the the "older" fans. And the forum was crazy when the "older" crowd was in high school. Makes it really hard when life gets busy.

icecreamgrrl

Post by icecreamgrrl » Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:09 am

kristy wrote:I understand what you have said but I've posted things a number of times that are never responded to. Makes it really hard to continue posting.

My main point that I wanted to get across was that right now with the Hedley crowd, there seems to be a very distinct age gap. Those in high school and into all the trends right now, the the "older" fans. And the forum was crazy when the "older" crowd was in high school. Makes it really hard when life gets busy.
yes it was so crazy when the "older" fans were in high school. now the "new" high school fans, seem to be more into twitter than forums.
~*Jenna*~
*Postwhore*