All things great and Hedley related.
kristy
Fan

Rockin' It Old School

Post by kristy » Mon Mar 23, 2009 8:06 pm

copied and pasted.
==================================

RIOS – Rockin’ It Old School.

History – Many moons ago, a group of men and women of different generations, (from the usual hedley forumer) discovered themselves and ‘came out of the closet’, forming a huddle, quietly nicknamed RIOS. One special forumer joined this huddle and was part of the pioneers of this unique, but not so unique, group. Her name is Krysten and she makes wonderful blends.

Huddling around each other for protection against wild guests and confused teenagers, they made shirts, traded stories, chatted up a storm on a single thread, helped out the non-RIOS ppl with videos, pics, and suggestions, boosting up morale, kicking the annoying guests where it hurts, defending members who need defending, and actually traveled together in the ‘real’ world to see Jacob and/or HEDLEY since the end of CI II. They all have become fast friends.

Slowly, people began to notice this motley crew, wearing their flashy shirts, boisterous, outrageous behaviour at concerts, reading their wild Excellent Adventures (fictional and real), and reading many, many posts about singular topics, such as…..bums.

People started to flock to this intelligent, verbose, witty, happy, helpful group of older fans but some were confused as to the origin, what was the ‘thread’ all about, and “can I join”? This group is not a ‘thread ‘ group, like munrizzle’s pervs or Derek dizzies or RYAN!!! posters. They have become a group outside of the forum.

Like attracts like and a few older members were incorporated through a grueling hazing ritual that will remain a secret to this day. Statistics, personal information, connection numbers, addresses, birth dates, etc. are kept in a secret location under lock and key.

Today: RIOS members are now getting accused of being ‘cliquish’ – dictionary meaning: an exclusive group of like-minded members. If our love to be part of a close-knit group, our age, appreciation of having kids, significant others, and/or adult life in general, our love of hedley music, and our admiration for such a talented rising soul makes us ‘cliquish’, we apologize. That was not our intention.

So why not let everyone be a member?.........because that would make RIOS no longer RIOS.

However……………

We think the world of the people who visit our crazy long thread, and some young people (and not so young people) have felt comfortable with our chatter and have stayed.

There is no longer a hazing ritual (never really was one…. Ha!), and no longer labels under our names, making us appear special. We are special in our heads and that is all that counts!

We are older and some of us (*shifty eyes*) are not even close to being 20…or 30…... but we are of like minds and that is what is important.

If you want to visit and say HI, we love it. Hi!

If anyone wants to post in the RIOS thread and are of like mind, you are automatically a RIOS associate.

If you want to ‘join’, you must be from a different generation and respectful towards each other and towards the hedley boyz.

RIOS is a group of people who love anything hedley and are older than ‘today’s’ generation. Simple as that.

Amen

gina
Meloman

Re: Rockin' It Old School

Post by gina » Mon Mar 23, 2009 9:27 pm

Hopefully there will be a little more chatting here now. Yeah new forum! I'm so excited to be reading all the way across the page!
"the way you wish your chest would just rip open so your heart could sneak a breath of fresh air"
- JWH

gina
Meloman

Post by gina » Mon Mar 23, 2009 9:28 pm

Oh, how I've missed you PM button.

Sandra
Fan

Post by Sandra » Tue Mar 24, 2009 12:24 am

Am I old school yet? I've been here since the beginning of time and at one point everyone has hated me, now I'm just a sarcastic bitch.

Andrea
Meloman

Post by Andrea » Tue Mar 24, 2009 7:19 am

Wow, i love this new forum. It reminds me a lot of the second forum.
Drink Triple, See Double, Act single <3

icecreamgrrl
Global Moderator / Hedley Ambassador

Post by icecreamgrrl » Tue Mar 24, 2009 9:00 am

Hey! :)
~*Jenna*~
*Postwhore*

janet
Forum Administrator / Hedley Ambassador

Post by janet » Tue Mar 24, 2009 11:35 am

thanks for bringing this over Kristy! :D

I'm with ya on the widith of the page Gina and the PM button - didn't realize how much I missed that little thang.

lisakelly
Global Moderator / Hedley Ambassador

Post by lisakelly » Tue Mar 24, 2009 12:10 pm

Hey RIOS!

Avie & siggy credit go to Jan <3

gina
Meloman

Post by gina » Tue Mar 24, 2009 12:26 pm

Sandra wrote:Am I old school yet? I've been here since the beginning of time and at one point everyone has hated me, now I'm just a sarcastic bitch.

Is this RockPirate? New forum new names. I always get so confused. lol.
"the way you wish your chest would just rip open so your heart could sneak a breath of fresh air"
- JWH

Andrea
Meloman

Post by Andrea » Tue Mar 24, 2009 3:04 pm

So I think i'm going to start chatting in this thread considering I talk to most people who are in here anyways.
Is that ok?

P.S. Sandra I still love you and your wild side!LOL

Sandra
Fan

Post by Sandra » Tue Mar 24, 2009 3:58 pm

gina wrote:
Sandra wrote:Am I old school yet? I've been here since the beginning of time and at one point everyone has hated me, now I'm just a sarcastic bitch.

Is this RockPirate? New forum new names. I always get so confused. lol.

It is TheRockPirate

Seeing how I've had very sexy adventures to different lands with a good portion of the serious posters on here... and most people know my real name, I dropped the nick name and picked up my real name.

Sandra
Fan

Post by Sandra » Tue Mar 24, 2009 3:59 pm

I actually think I started as "klondykeslee" circa 2004, if that sounds right.

Andrea
Meloman

Post by Andrea » Tue Mar 24, 2009 4:17 pm

My first forum name was pretty weird too.

kristy
Fan

Post by kristy » Tue Mar 24, 2009 5:00 pm

No problem Janet... It was my pleasure to bring it over.

I must say, I might be back on here a bit more. Truthfully, I absolutely hated the one on the hedleyonline.com site. Too much work to just post.

I like have the "old" style back.

kristy
Fan

Post by kristy » Tue Mar 24, 2009 9:27 pm

Ok I tried a new game on the Wii tonight. I wish I had a video camera. I vaguely reminded myself of an "instructional" dancing video that was made a while back.....

Anyone around long enough will know what I'm talking about....