[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
chat.hedleyonline.com • View topic - Huge Fan

Huge Fan

Seeing as this is a new site with new features and an even newer board... there will be questions! so feel free to post them here.

Huge Fan

Postby poisonfairy91 » Tue Sep 29, 2009 7:00 pm

To Hedley:

My name is Miranda and I'm 18 years old. I am a huge fan and I tried to enter the “My date with Hedley” contest. Unfortunately my video wouldn't upload because of the much music site. It was in the right video file and everything, but it wouldn't upload. It was really difficult for me to make the video because I'm in a wheelchair and I have Muscular Dystrophy. I don't know if you guys know much about this disease but it affects me physically and it's hard for me to move around without help. Due to my disease I have a very weak immune system. I get sick very easy and it could happen at any time. When I get sick with a cold or a virus, I get very sick and sometimes I am home from school for a couple of days to get better. I have also been in the hospital depending on how sick I get. My parents are always very concerned when I get just a cold, because I get very sick and it could turn into pneumonia, which is something that I've had more than once. It took me a while to film and edit my video for your contest, and I was so excited to upload it and it never worked! I'm very angry, upset, and hurt because I feel like my chances of even winning were taken away. I don't have many friends in my life because of my disability. I feel like this opportunity to hang out with you guys would have been a great experience and make me feel really happy, but unfortunately it looks like it won't happen. I have a lot of challenges in life and difficult such as getting out of the house to do normal teenage things. I never have been to a high school party or anything like that because of my disability. I was really looking forward to being able to have the chance to win and spend it with my one true friend who has stuck with me through thick and thin. She's the one person I can count on and I was going to bring her with me if I won. I am a huge fan and I have a t-shirt, both of your CDs, I cannot wait for the third album, and your movie “Hedley try this at home DVD,” your book “Fan lowdown,” I even have a guitar pick and a drumstick from Chris and Dave. I have been to 2 concerts of yours and I had difficulty seeing the show at the one in Massey Hall because everyone stood up in front of me. I follow you guys on twitter and I go on your website every day to see if anything new is added. I also know all the words to all your song and I listen to you guys every day. I really am hurt and I want to be able to spend time with you guys, I think I deserve this opportunity because I don't get to do many things in life because of my disability and this would really truly make me happy. I understand and realize that the contest has ended, and that you probably have already went on your date with the winner but I hope that I might be able to have a chance to hang out with you guys with my friend as well. Thank you for taking the time to read this letter, and I hope to hear from you guys soon.

Sincerely,
Miranda
poisonfairy91

Re: Huge Fan

Postby bombsaway » Fri Oct 02, 2009 12:38 am

Hi Miranda,

Thanks for taking the time to write about your experience. From what I understand, other fans also worked very hard on their Win A Date With Hedley videos but were unable to upload them to MuchMusic's website. I'm sure this was distressing for everyone who wasn't able to send in the videos they worked on, but as you say, the contest ended and the date appears to have taken place (judging from Dave and Jacob's tweets). This contest was MuchMusic's, not Hedley's, so you may wish to direct your concern to them as well. I can assure you that even the people who could upload their videos were disappointed they didn't win, and I'm sure lots of people felt they deserved to. Much could only pick one!

I'm glad to hear that you've made it out to a couple of shows. I think everyone has a great time, whether they are too short to see, to heavy to dance, to poor to be there, frostbitten from waiting in sub-zero temperatures, or in a wheelchair. The guys and crew put together a memorable show, every time. I love that people of all ages and backgrounds can come together and be this great community of hedley fans!

I hope to see you decked out in your Hedley merch at a show on their tour in the Spring! Stay healthy, none of that H1N1 for you!!

Val
bombsaway

Re: Huge Fan

Postby poisonfairy91 » Fri Oct 02, 2009 8:47 am

poisonfairy91

Return to Questions