Junos Red Carpet

Seeing as this is a new site with new features and an even newer board... there will be questions! so feel free to post them here.
steve
Fan

Re: Junos Red Carpet

Post by steve » Wed Apr 08, 2009 1:57 pm

tamiw303 wrote:Hey Guys! Just love y'all and think you guys are amazing but just curious why some members of the band chose not to stop and sign autographs and or have your picture taken with your fans at the Juno red carpet? We had been standing there for 5 long hours, unable to move, get anything to eat, even go to the bathroom etc and the reason we were there was to meet you and hopefullt get a picture. Jacob, my daughter was sooo hoping to say hi and have her pic with you and you walked right on by. Why????? I just dont understand it.

With the amount of fans that were on the Red Carpet and with the little amount of time they were given to socialize and sign stuff, I'd say they did a pretty good job getting to as many people as they could! I was on the Red Carpet and saw how many people Hedley greeted. You have to remember also, how do they know which fans are there for them? 90% of the crowd could have been there for Simple Plan .. Hedley doesn't know who's there to support them and who's not.

Depending where you were beside the carpet made a difference too .. if you were near the camera's at the end where Ben was, they're main objective there was to get to Ben and do the interview, move along and get their pictures taken then keep moving until they were inside GM Place.

Re: "We had ben standing there for 5 long hours, unable to move, get anything to eat, even go to the bathroom etc" .. that's what hardcore fans do at concerts and they don't get to see the band every time aside from when they're on stage .. it's not much different.

steve
Fan

Re: Junos Red Carpet

Post by steve » Thu Apr 09, 2009 5:45 pm

tamiw303 wrote:Thanks for your reply and I wasnt dissing them or anything its just that we were at the very front of the carpet and we were yelling for them and Chris did stop and say hi but my daughter was so disappointed Jakob didnt, plus many other celebs stopped and had their photos with us including sara mclachlin, michael buble just to name a few. My daughter was just extremely upset as she was their waiting only for the chance to say hey to Jacob Hoggard. Was just a serious bummer is all. Maybe next time.

I can assure you that if the band could have stopped and talked to/taken pictures with/signed autographs for all their fans, they would have without any hesitation!