BBCode .. What's That?!

Seeing as this is a new site with new features and an even newer board... there will be questions! so feel free to post them here.
steve
Fan

BBCode .. What's That?!

Post by steve » Fri Mar 20, 2009 12:04 pm

If any of you need help using BBCode, this is the thread you're looking for!

If you want to bold something in your post, use this code:

Code: Select all

[b]Your Text Here[/b]
That makes: Your Text Here. If you don't want to manually type in the coding, you can highlight the text you want to be bolded and click the Image button - this will place the codes on either side of your text.

If you want to italicize something in your post, use this code:

[i]Your Text Here[/i]
That makes: Your Text Here. If you don't want to manually type in the coding, you can highlight the text you want to be italicized and click the Image button - this will place the codes on either side of your text.

If you want to underline something in your post, use this code:

[u]Your Text Here[/u]
That makes: Your Text Here. If you don't want to manually type in the coding, you can highlight the text you want to be underlined and click the Image button - this will place the codes on either side of your text.

How To Post A Picture:
    1. Upload your image to either PhotoBucket.com or TinyPic.com.
    2. Once you've uploaded your picture to the website of your choice, copy the code that has [IMG] before the link and paste it in the text box.
    Your link should look like this:

[IMG]http://i40.tinypic.com/33beq01.jpg[/IMG]
    That makes:
    3. All you have to do now is click Submit. If you don't want to manually type in the coding, you can highlight the Direct Link (code ending in JPG, GIF, PNG, etc.) to your picture and click the Image button - this will place the codes on either side of your Direct Link.

How To Change Font Size
    1.After you're done typing out your text, highlight the portion of it that you want to have the size changed.
    2. While it's highlighted, click on the arrow beside "Normal" above - that will show you a drop-down menu .. this is where you can choose the size you want.
    Example: After highlighting your text, I clicked "Large" in the drop-down menu and it gave me this code:

[size=150]Your text here![/size]
    This makes: Your text here!
    Note: If you're not wanting your text to be that big but you don't want it to be normal size, you can play around with the numbers and instead of making it 150, you can make it 120 and it'll be this size: Your text here! - if you're going to play around with the numbers, I suggest you stick with using basic amounts - 110, 120, 130, etc.
How To Change Font Colour
    1. There are 2 ways to change font color in BBCode - manually or automatically.
    2. After typing out your text and highlighting the portion of it you're wanting to change the color of, you can either type out the codes around your text on your own OR you can choose the color you're wanting to make your text from the Font Color selection above.
    3. Most of the time, you can change the color by using the [color=*********] code; where the *'s are is where you'll type in the color you're wanting to make your text.
    Example:

[color=red]How[/color] OR [color=green]to[/color] OR [color=blue]change[/color] OR [color=darkred]your[/color] OR [color=lightblue]texts'[/color] OR [color=pink]color.[/color]
    This makes: How to change your texts' color.
    4. If you're wanting to change the color of your text by selecting a color from the Font Color selection above, your coding will look like this:

[color=#FF0000]Your text here.[/color]
    This makes: Your text here.

If you have any other questions about BBCoding, feel free to send me a message and I'll reply back to you as soon as I can!