Questions About The Forum?

Seeing as this is a new site with new features and an even newer board... there will be questions! so feel free to post them here.

Re: Questions About The Forum?

Postby jdtc » Mon Jun 01, 2009 7:25 pm

lisakelly wrote:Can someone please get rid of those weird threads that are popping up all over the forum?

yea, please. we seem to be getting more and more of those.
Mai Dire Mai

A Jakes Girl & Jakecrack Addict . HPPC - Host . 'Stache Lover for Life . Annoying Boy #8 . Twins!
A Mother Effin Dave's Girl
jdtc
Hedley Ambassador

Postby jdtc » Mon Jun 01, 2009 7:34 pm

yay they're gone! thank you!
Mai Dire Mai

A Jakes Girl & Jakecrack Addict . HPPC - Host . 'Stache Lover for Life . Annoying Boy #8 . Twins!
jdtc
Hedley Ambassador

Postby lisakelly » Mon Jun 01, 2009 7:41 pm

Yay, thanks!

Avie & siggy credit go to Jan <3
lisakelly
Global Moderator / Hedley Ambassador

Postby steve » Mon Jun 01, 2009 8:29 pm

jdtc wrote:
lisakelly wrote:Can someone please get rid of those weird threads that are popping up all over the forum?

Those would be users made by computers which somehow get through the security software enabled on this site .. I've gone through and deleted all the threads and have banned the users' name and IP. Hopefully that's the last of them!
steve

Postby jdtc » Mon Jun 01, 2009 8:34 pm

steve wrote:
jdtc wrote:

Those would be users made by computers which somehow get through the security software enabled on this site .. I've gone through and deleted all the threads and have banned the users' name and IP. Hopefully that's the last of them!

alright. thank you!
Mai Dire Mai

jdtc
Hedley Ambassador

Postby lisakelly » Tue Jun 02, 2009 8:40 pm

steve wrote:
jdtc wrote:

Thanks Steve!

Avie & siggy credit go to Jan <3
lisakelly

Postby janet » Wed Jun 03, 2009 11:41 am

and I've now gone through the members list and deleted/banned any that seem like spammer accounts.

if you see any suspicious ones out there, let us know
janet
Forum Administrator / Hedley Ambassador

Postby jrexattack » Mon Nov 02, 2009 9:32 pm

Does anyone know if there are still plans to make this forum pretty like the last one? I know there was talk of it when it first got up and running last year....
jrexattack

Postby hedley.lover » Mon Jul 12, 2010 11:22 am

is there anyway that i can make it so that everytime i post on a threat it will subscribe to it and i will get emails when people reply on the thread or do i have to do it manually everytime cause sometimes i forget lol
[Tuesday, August 2nd 2005]
[Thursday, December 15th 2005]
[Sunday, March 26th 2006]
[Tuesday, June 17th 2008]
[Thursday, April 15th 2010]
[Saturday, August 7th 2010]
[Wednesday, May 30th 2012]
hedley.lover

Postby jan - brit » Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:27 pm

hedley.lover wrote:is there anyway that i can make it so that everytime i post on a threat it will subscribe to it and i will get emails when people reply on the thread or do i have to do it manually everytime cause sometimes i forget lol

I can't see anything in the manual that says you can do it automatically, sorry.
jan - brit

Postby Tanou » Sun Aug 29, 2010 11:45 am

I don't know why, but since a few days, under my username on the right part of my post (where there's also the number of my posts) a sentence appears: fell asleep driving the van... I never wrote that anywhere, and can't find where to erase that in the control panel... I found where you write it normally, but there's just a blank, no sentence. But the sentence still appears when I post. Weird... Any ideas?
Tanou

Postby Robin » Sun Aug 29, 2010 2:03 pm

Tanou wrote:I don't know why, but since a few days, under my username on the right part of my post (where there's also the number of my posts) a sentence appears: fell asleep driving the van... I never wrote that anywhere, and can't find where to erase that in the control panel... I found where you write it normally, but there's just a blank, no sentence. But the sentence still appears when I post. Weird... Any ideas?

that's your post count level- every time you post, you get closer to reaching a new level. look here- viewtopic.php?f=15&t=204

<3 A Jakes Girl
<3 A Mother Effin Dave's Girl
<3 Post Whore
<3 'Stache Lover
<3 Harry Fan Club

http://headed-for-disaster.blogspot.com/
Robin
Hedley Ambassador

Postby jan - brit » Sun Aug 29, 2010 2:11 pm

Tanou wrote:I don't know why, but since a few days, under my username on the right part of my post (where there's also the number of my posts) a sentence appears: fell asleep driving the van... I never wrote that anywhere, and can't find where to erase that in the control panel... I found where you write it normally, but there's just a blank, no sentence. But the sentence still appears when I post. Weird... Any ideas?

The sentence you can see is part of the forum, and you'll see everybody has one (except for the Mods and Admins). They're all Hedley related (most are from the 'Try This At Home' dvd), and they change based on the number of posts you've made. They're just for fun, and have been there pretty much since the forum started, so it must be that you've just noticed :)

EDIT: Thanks Robin! You beat me to it :)
jan - brit

Postby Tanou » Sun Aug 29, 2010 2:44 pm

jan - brit wrote:

The sentence you can see is part of the forum, and you'll see everybody has one (except for the Mods and Admins). They're all Hedley related (most are from the 'Try This At Home' dvd), and they change based on the number of posts you've made. They're just for fun, and have been there pretty much since the forum started, so it must be that you've just noticed :)

EDIT: Thanks Robin! You beat me to it :)

Bahahah! Now i feel ashamed! I noticed the sentences, but I thought people chose their own... :oops:
If I had taken the time to seek a little bit more before posting, I'd have probably saw that! Sorry girls, and thanks!
Tanou

Postby jan - brit » Sun Aug 29, 2010 3:18 pm

Haha Definitely no apology needed! :)
jan - brit

PreviousNext

Return to Questions