HELP!!! Input needed for Timeline icons ...

Seeing as this is a new site with new features and an even newer board... there will be questions! so feel free to post them here.

Re: HELP!!! Hedley Timeline ...

Postby janet » Thu Dec 31, 2009 10:28 pm

Tripmeister wrote:There's quite a bit of info here for many of the singles:
http://top40-charts.com/artist.php?aid=6786


Definitely will refer to this. Thanks for the reminder about this site.

It's taking me way longer to get this frickin' thing up-to-date than I expected. Why did I suggest putting in all the news articles? :shock: Hopefully now that all the holidays and happenings are over and done, I can get back at this timeline.
janet
Forum Administrator / Hedley Ambassador
 
Posts: 4229
Joined: Thu Mar 19, 2009 1:57 pm
Location: Ontario

Re: HELP!!! Hedley Timeline ...

Postby gina » Sat Jan 02, 2010 9:37 pm

Hey, sorry I never noticed this thread before. I have all the info on Chris's show. I'll get it to you in the next little while.
"the way you wish your chest would just rip open so your heart could sneak a breath of fresh air"
- JWH
gina
 
Posts: 216
Joined: Mon Mar 23, 2009 3:17 pm
Location: BC

Re: HELP!!! Hedley Timeline ...

Postby janet » Sun Jan 10, 2010 3:10 pm

I found it, Gina!! Forgot I had saved some of the Band Member posts back in 2006 - Chris "Bomb the Past" shows were mentioned in his post from October 26, 2006:

Well hello everybody. Just sitting around in Vancouver for the first time in six months. Man does it feel great. It's raining and i love it anyway.

It was a long hard road, and some long hard things are enjoyable. It's nice to have a break, but i'm sure everyone is anctious to get out again and play.

Hey everyone, i know it's been a while, and this is some shameless self promotion, but i thought i'd let you know rather than not, and then get in trouble.

I'm playing a gig of my own music on Friday the 27th. at the Pic pub. That's in Vancouver. I'm calling it Bomb the Past. Then there's another one on Novemeber 4th, at the Drink, also in Vancouver. Both shows are at 9 pm, and yes i'm the singing guitar playing fool.

Hope you can make it. C



Any idea if that second show on November 4, 2006 ever happened:
janet
Forum Administrator / Hedley Ambassador
 
Posts: 4229
Joined: Thu Mar 19, 2009 1:57 pm
Location: Ontario

Re: HELP!!! Hedley Timeline ...

Postby jan - brit » Sun Jan 10, 2010 3:13 pm

"shameless self promotion" I've heard that expression somewhere else related to Hedley. LOL
User avatar
jan - brit
Forum Administrator / Hedley Ambassador
 
Posts: 4509
Joined: Thu Mar 19, 2009 11:14 pm
Location: Vegas Baby

Re: HELP!!! Hedley Timeline ...

Postby janet » Sun Jan 10, 2010 4:49 pm

jan - brit wrote:"shameless self promotion" I've heard that expression somewhere else related to Hedley. LOL



:lol: yep
janet
Forum Administrator / Hedley Ambassador
 
Posts: 4229
Joined: Thu Mar 19, 2009 1:57 pm
Location: Ontario

Re: HELP!!! Hedley Timeline ...

Postby gina » Mon Jan 11, 2010 4:26 pm

janet wrote:I found it, Gina!! Forgot I had saved some of the Band Member posts back in 2006 - Chris "Bomb the Past" shows were mentioned in his post from October 26, 2006:

Well hello everybody. Just sitting around in Vancouver for the first time in six months. Man does it feel great. It's raining and i love it anyway.

It was a long hard road, and some long hard things are enjoyable. It's nice to have a break, but i'm sure everyone is anctious to get out again and play.

Hey everyone, i know it's been a while, and this is some shameless self promotion, but i thought i'd let you know rather than not, and then get in trouble.

I'm playing a gig of my own music on Friday the 27th. at the Pic pub. That's in Vancouver. I'm calling it Bomb the Past. Then there's another one on Novemeber 4th, at the Drink, also in Vancouver. Both shows are at 9 pm, and yes i'm the singing guitar playing fool.

Hope you can make it. C



Any idea if that second show on November 4, 2006 ever happened:



The November 4th show was actally the show that Ang, Kim and I went to. It was at The Red Room in Vancouver. The Drink was an old name for the bar. I had PM'd Chris to confirm because there wasn't a bar with that name.
"the way you wish your chest would just rip open so your heart could sneak a breath of fresh air"
- JWH
gina
 
Posts: 216
Joined: Mon Mar 23, 2009 3:17 pm
Location: BC

Re: HELP!!! Hedley Timeline ...

Postby janet » Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:06 am

Oh, The Red Room sounds familiar. I should have checked to see which show you guys went to but I've got it all straight now. Thanks for the help. :P
janet
Forum Administrator / Hedley Ambassador
 
Posts: 4229
Joined: Thu Mar 19, 2009 1:57 pm
Location: Ontario

Re: HELP!!! Hedley Timeline ...

Postby janet » Sun Jan 24, 2010 1:02 am

Slowly getting there with this thing!

I need some more input ... working on the icons to go with the various topics to hopefully make it easier to find a certain "topic". What do you think of these (they'll be smaller in the final Timeline):

Image Concerts/Performances (public, camus, private)

Image Media Articles (online, magazine, newspaper)

ImageTV Appearances / Coverage (eTalk, MuchMusic, etc.)

Image
Blogs (hedleyonline, myspace, Jake's)

Image Recording

Image Announcements, Notices, Press Releases

Image Video Shoots

Image CD/Song Releases (store, iTunes, radio, etc.)

Image Video Premieres

Image Milestones ("Hedley" reaching double platinum, etc.)

Image Nominations and Awards

Image Contests

Image Music Charts (record charts, radio countdowns, etc.)

Image Radio Interviews

Image Hedley TV

Image Kyte TV

Image Autograph Signings (book signing, Future Shop signing, etc.)


PLUS .... I need ideas for:

1. Hedley's music used in TV shows and movies

2. Hedley's music included on compliation CDs



Sorry I haven't been around too much lately guys, the majority of any spare time I find has gone into putting this Timeline together.
janet
Forum Administrator / Hedley Ambassador
 
Posts: 4229
Joined: Thu Mar 19, 2009 1:57 pm
Location: Ontario

Re: HELP!!! Input needed for Timeline icons ...

Postby Robin » Sun Jan 24, 2010 5:28 am

I like 'em.

maybe a film reel for music in movies?
Image

<3 A Jakes Girl
<3 A Mother Effin Dave's Girl
<3 Post Whore
<3 'Stache Lover
<3 Harry Fan Club


http://headed-for-disaster.blogspot.com/
User avatar
Robin
Hedley Ambassador
 
Posts: 8509
Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2009 3:11 pm
Location: Regina (Sort of), Saskatchewan

Re: HELP!!! Input needed for Timeline icons ...

Postby janet » Mon Jan 25, 2010 7:46 pm

film reel is perfect!!

oops ... sorry about the icon's above, I forgot they were posted here and deleted them from photobucket once I got the following smaller ones ready:

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image [

Image
janet
Forum Administrator / Hedley Ambassador
 
Posts: 4229
Joined: Thu Mar 19, 2009 1:57 pm
Location: Ontario

Re: HELP!!! Input needed for Timeline icons ...

Postby janet » Mon Jan 25, 2010 7:47 pm

and darn it all! They're still too big ...

:x

Sample:

Image August 2, 2005 - The video for "On My Own" premiered on MuchMusic
Image September 6, 2006 - Self-Titled CD Released today. Producers Brian Howes and Garth Richardson. Recorded at Armoury Studios, Vancouver; Grenhouse Studio, Vancouver; Hipposonic Studios, Vancouver; The Farm Studios, Gibson BC
Image September 8, 2005 @ The Mod Club, Toronto ON
janet
Forum Administrator / Hedley Ambassador
 
Posts: 4229
Joined: Thu Mar 19, 2009 1:57 pm
Location: Ontario

Re: HELP!!! Input needed for Timeline icons ...

Postby dani » Mon Jan 25, 2010 7:52 pm

They don't look that bad Janet! Maybe a little bit smaller, but if you leave them like that they'd still look okay.
♥ At least we did it our way, and learned the hard way, it's all that these scars say ♥
Image
User avatar
dani
Hedley Ambassador
 
Posts: 11799
Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2009 6:59 pm

Re: HELP!!! Input needed for Timeline icons ...

Postby janet » Mon Jan 25, 2010 7:59 pm

dani wrote:They don't look that bad Janet! Maybe a little bit smaller, but if you leave them like that they'd still look okay.


But ... theTimeline document is in Word using Tahoma 9 pt, about 1.25 line spacing ... I'm already on Page 50!! and I don't have all the stuff from about mid-09 up to today.

I think I'm going to have to split it into at least 2 separate documents. I never expected it to be this huge!!! or would it be better to split the topics and do separate documents for each? but then it wouldn't really be a timeline, would it?
janet
Forum Administrator / Hedley Ambassador
 
Posts: 4229
Joined: Thu Mar 19, 2009 1:57 pm
Location: Ontario

Re: HELP!!! Input needed for Timeline icons ...

Postby jrexattack » Tue Feb 16, 2010 6:59 pm

janet wrote:
dani wrote:They don't look that bad Janet! Maybe a little bit smaller, but if you leave them like that they'd still look okay.


But ... theTimeline document is in Word using Tahoma 9 pt, about 1.25 line spacing ... I'm already on Page 50!! and I don't have all the stuff from about mid-09 up to today.

I think I'm going to have to split it into at least 2 separate documents. I never expected it to be this huge!!! or would it be better to split the topics and do separate documents for each? but then it wouldn't really be a timeline, would it?


The icons are great!

As far as the document being too big goes, maybe split it up by year?
User avatar
jrexattack
Global Moderator / Hedley Ambassador
 
Posts: 2654
Joined: Tue Mar 24, 2009 9:27 am

Re: HELP!!! Input needed for Timeline icons ...

Postby Robin » Tue Feb 16, 2010 7:25 pm

jrexattack wrote:
janet wrote:
dani wrote:They don't look that bad Janet! Maybe a little bit smaller, but if you leave them like that they'd still look okay.


But ... theTimeline document is in Word using Tahoma 9 pt, about 1.25 line spacing ... I'm already on Page 50!! and I don't have all the stuff from about mid-09 up to today.

I think I'm going to have to split it into at least 2 separate documents. I never expected it to be this huge!!! or would it be better to split the topics and do separate documents for each? but then it wouldn't really be a timeline, would it?


The icons are great!

As far as the document being too big goes, maybe split it up by year?

I think splitting it by years is a good idea.
Image

<3 A Jakes Girl
<3 A Mother Effin Dave's Girl
<3 Post Whore
<3 'Stache Lover
<3 Harry Fan Club


http://headed-for-disaster.blogspot.com/
User avatar
Robin
Hedley Ambassador
 
Posts: 8509
Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2009 3:11 pm
Location: Regina (Sort of), Saskatchewan

PreviousNext

Return to Questions

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron