Help! Let us know if ...

Seeing as this is a new site with new features and an even newer board... there will be questions! so feel free to post them here.
Tripmeister
Guru

Re: Help! Let us know if ...

Post by Tripmeister » Mon Mar 23, 2009 8:31 pm

janet wrote:The edit button is not going to happen ... sorry but everyone would be able to go back and edit their posts no matter if someone posts after them ...

I'm going through the set up for each section now turning on the "delete own post" feature -- it will work as long as your's is the last post in the thread.

The Quick Reply Box - it looks like there is a "mod" for this application ... WEBMASTER!!!! is it possible to add?

Is that really so bad?
||I can't stop the rain from falling / I can't stop my heart from calling you||

Hedley concerts to date: 6
6/9/07
2/5/08
4/4/10
10/1/10
3/4/12
3/7/14

Jessica
Groupie

Post by Jessica » Mon Mar 23, 2009 8:55 pm

well, if things get nasty then someone can go back and edit out what they said and be like "oh look at how this person trashed me, i didn't say anything to them!" I don't think it's a bad thing, makes you really have to be aware of what you're posting

mandyb7
Hedley Ambassador

Post by mandyb7 » Mon Mar 23, 2009 9:42 pm

yeah but we've always been able to edit and that has never happened. not having the edit button creates a lot of people posting in a row, i mean that will always happen but if we were able to edit multiple posts would be minimized.
if I recall correctly, on the old forum, like the one before the one that will shut down on wednesday, which is similar to this forum, you could edit any of your posts however if someone quoted you what you changed in your original post would not change in their post where you are quoted, and you could also delete posts except if someone quoted you you could not delete the original post.

jskaa
Meloman

Post by jskaa » Mon Mar 23, 2009 9:49 pm

Just restating what others have said, but a quick reply will defintiely be handy!

And to mention a few things that I already LIKE about this forum include the PM button under a person's name, the avvies to the right side, and SIGGYS!!! They make everything look prettier!

A thing that keeps bothering me, though, is while reading down the posts, since the avvies are to the right side, I start reading posts without even realizing who's talking because I don't see the avvie. So is there any way of making the username MORE visible than what it is now? Like a few font sizes bigger or something....?
just breathe in, you'll be fine. i'm right here, by your side.

bombsaway
Guru

Post by bombsaway » Mon Mar 23, 2009 10:04 pm

I am in Smiley withdrawl!!! :cry: .

Obviously not a priority, but the little aliens to the right are just not expressive enough for me!

bombsaway
Guru

Post by bombsaway » Mon Mar 23, 2009 10:05 pm

Oooh, love the "Online" banner over our avvies!

Sandra
Fan

Post by Sandra » Mon Mar 23, 2009 10:28 pm

Can I be the resident bitch?

jskaa
Meloman

Post by jskaa » Mon Mar 23, 2009 10:36 pm

bombsaway wrote:Oooh, love the "Online" banner over our avvies!

Agreed!

jskaa
Meloman

Post by jskaa » Mon Mar 23, 2009 10:39 pm

Sandra wrote:Can I be the resident bitch?

Obviously.

mandyb7
Hedley Ambassador

Post by mandyb7 » Mon Mar 23, 2009 11:11 pm

jskaa wrote:A thing that keeps bothering me, though, is while reading down the posts, since the avvies are to the right side, I start reading posts without even realizing who's talking because I don't see the avvie. So is there any way of making the username MORE visible than what it is now? Like a few font sizes bigger or something....?

OMG so that's why I kept messing up! yeah half the time I don't even know who I am talking too.
I agree if the usernames could be more visible (or have the avvies on the left) that would make things a lot easier.

mandyb7
Hedley Ambassador

Post by mandyb7 » Mon Mar 23, 2009 11:12 pm

bombsaway wrote:Oooh, love the "Online" banner over our avvies!

it's just like the Twilight forum, lmao

mandyb7
Hedley Ambassador

Post by mandyb7 » Tue Mar 24, 2009 1:58 am

I think someone was asking about a something that would take you to the first unread post of a thread, well if you look at the beginning of the thread's title there's like this little orange box/square thing and if you click on it it will take you to the first post that's right after your last post, IF you haven't already looked in the thread since you posted.

mandyb7
Hedley Ambassador

Post by mandyb7 » Tue Mar 24, 2009 2:04 am

actually I'm pretty sure the orange thing will appear if there's a post in a thread that you haven't seen yet and it will take you right to it no matter what.

janet
Forum Administrator / Hedley Ambassador

Post by janet » Tue Mar 24, 2009 8:17 am

mandyb7 wrote:I think someone was asking about a something that would take you to the first unread post of a thread, well if you look at the beginning of the thread's title there's like this little orange box/square thing and if you click on it it will take you to the first post that's right after your last post, IF you haven't already looked in the thread since you posted.

:D ... nice catch Amanda! I never even noticed the little orange box! It works perfectly to take you to the first post posted since you were last in a thread.

jhdrtmcc*

Post by jhdrtmcc* » Tue Mar 24, 2009 9:25 am

i cant upload a avater .... :( -.-
hold me jeremiah cause i need your time ;