Welcome your newest Moderators ...

Site news and announcements

Re: Welcome your newest Moderators ...

Postby mamacarey » Sat May 29, 2010 10:31 am

janet wrote:
mamacarey wrote:Maybe a silly question but just wondering what the difference is between the administrators and the moderators. Just being curious.
Oh, and congrats on the new titles. :)

The Moderators are the backbone of this place. They keep an eye on things around the Forum to make sure the few rules we do have are being followed, they answer questions and help Forumers when needed. They also help clean up the spammers that visit the Board by cleaning up threads, banning IP address and user names. The Mods can edit any posts when/if needed.

The Forum Administrators do the above too but we also have access to more of the "technical" aspects of the Message Board plus we can delete spammer accounts to keep the membership list clean. W'e're also the go between for the Forumers and Universal and Management. ummm ... wow, I'm drawing a blank; there's so much more to it than that ... help, Jan!! LOL

I've was the lone Forum Administrator since Hedley brought their "Official Official Message Board" online in early 2007, I think it was, until just recently when I officially "bumped" Jan up to Admin (she'd been working unofficially in that capacity for about 10 months). And I'm SO glad she's fine with that move because she's been a life-saver around here!!

Hey - thanks for the info. Sounds like a pretty cool job/hobby. Thanks for all you do here. I'm pretty new to posting (but have been for years). Everyone seems very friendly.
mamacarey

Postby jan - brit » Sat May 29, 2010 8:32 pm

mamacarey wrote:
janet wrote:
mamacarey wrote:Maybe a silly question but just wondering what the difference is between the administrators and the moderators. Just being curious.
Oh, and congrats on the new titles. :)

The Moderators are the backbone of this place. They keep an eye on things around the Forum to make sure the few rules we do have are being followed, they answer questions and help Forumers when needed. They also help clean up the spammers that visit the Board by cleaning up threads, banning IP address and user names. The Mods can edit any posts when/if needed.

The Forum Administrators do the above too but we also have access to more of the "technical" aspects of the Message Board plus we can delete spammer accounts to keep the membership list clean. W'e're also the go between for the Forumers and Universal and Management. ummm ... wow, I'm drawing a blank; there's so much more to it than that ... help, Jan!! LOL

I've was the lone Forum Administrator since Hedley brought their "Official Official Message Board" online in early 2007, I think it was, until just recently when I officially "bumped" Jan up to Admin (she'd been working unofficially in that capacity for about 10 months). And I'm SO glad she's fine with that move because she's been a life-saver around here!!

Hey - thanks for the info. Sounds like a pretty cool job/hobby. Thanks for all you do here. I'm pretty new to posting (but have been for years). Everyone seems very friendly.

Funny, I drew a blank too! .. and yet there always seems to be little bits of 'something' for both the Moderators and us to do. lol. .. And of course, I'm totally fine with this 'job/hobby'. I think we have such a great group of people in this community, it's a pleasure to help out, and be a part of it. :)
jan - brit
Forum Administrator / Hedley Ambassador

Postby lisakelly » Sat May 29, 2010 8:42 pm

jan - brit wrote:
mamacarey wrote:
janet wrote:The Moderators are the backbone of this place. They keep an eye on things around the Forum to make sure the few rules we do have are being followed, they answer questions and help Forumers when needed. They also help clean up the spammers that visit the Board by cleaning up threads, banning IP address and user names. The Mods can edit any posts when/if needed.

Funny, I drew a blank too! .. and yet there always seems to be little bits of 'something' for both the Moderators and us to do. lol. .. And of course, I'm totally fine with this 'job/hobby'. I think we have such a great group of people in this community, it's a pleasure to help out, and be a part of it. :)

Agreed Jan! It's definitely not a 'job' to me - definitely a 'hobby', I suppose - but I enjoy being a part of this forum and if what I do as a moderator makes other people's experience here better, that's all that matters! :P

Avie & siggy credit go to Jan <3
lisakelly
Global Moderator / Hedley Ambassador

Postby dani » Tue Sep 14, 2010 2:29 pm

Hey new mods :D
♥ At least we did it our way, and learned the hard way, it's all that these scars say ♥
dani
Hedley Ambassador

Postby Robin » Wed Sep 15, 2010 10:53 pm

dani wrote:Hey new mods :D

who bees tha new mods?

<3 A Jakes Girl
<3 A Mother Effin Dave's Girl
<3 Post Whore
<3 'Stache Lover
<3 Harry Fan Club

http://headed-for-disaster.blogspot.com/
Robin
Hedley Ambassador

Postby icecreamgrrl » Mon Sep 12, 2011 5:22 pm

lisakelly wrote:
jan - brit wrote:
mamacarey wrote:
janet wrote:The Moderators are the backbone of this place. They keep an eye on things around the Forum to make sure the few rules we do have are being followed, they answer questions and help Forumers when needed. They also help clean up the spammers that visit the Board by cleaning up threads, banning IP address and user names. The Mods can edit any posts when/if needed.

Agreed Jan! It's definitely not a 'job' to me - definitely a 'hobby', I suppose - but I enjoy being a part of this forum and if what I do as a moderator makes other people's experience here better, that's all that matters! :P

oh i agree 100%, not a job at all.
~*Jenna*~
*Postwhore*
icecreamgrrl
Global Moderator / Hedley Ambassador

Previous

Return to Announcements