Post by lisakelly » Fri May 21, 2010 4:24 am

**Krysten** wrote:i guess using my name as a username wasnt the smartest idea

ditto

Avie & siggy credit go to Jan <3

janet
Forum Administrator / Hedley Ambassador

Re: A Personal Thank You To the Forumers from Hedley

Post by janet » Fri May 21, 2010 8:39 am

lisakelly wrote:SO glad I didn't mention my name when I met them!

They will remember you though - it will only be a matter of time before they put two and two together ...

:twisted:

janet

Post by janet » Fri May 21, 2010 8:40 am

Lu-05 wrote:Image

LMAO! Perfect!!!

janet

Post by janet » Fri May 21, 2010 8:48 am

kate1013 wrote:
janet wrote:
lisakelly wrote:I refuse to apologize for, edit or take back any of my posts on this forum! I said what I said and I meant every word! :P

bahahaha ... I'd love to be a fly on the wall if/when the guys read any of the stuff posted around here. I've only seen Tom blush - it'd be pretty sweet to see the others do it too. 8-)

what was said/done to make tommy blush? lol

i'm pretty sure i've seen jake blush, when i was in halifax, after the show on april 16th. i was with a friend and we were talking about hedley stuff in the past, with interviews and whatnot.. anyway.. when jake came over my friend was like..
friend: "hey i have a request"
jake: "and what would that be?"
friend: "i would like you to demonstrate spinning the pooch"
jake: *gets red & laughs* .. "it's too cold for that"

LOL <3

It was at one of the shows in Mount Forest. Nik and I were upstairs in the bar having a beer with Thomas. He had his room key (one of those old fashion types that are a plastic key fob and key ring) and band pass clipped on his pants somehow that it hung right in front of ... umm, his zipper. We were talking about where they were staying and Nik made some comment about the size of his "package". My goodness did he turn red! I can't remember what Nik's comments was suppose to be about but the 3 of us, our minds definitely went in the gutter. It was priceless. At least Tom was a good sport about it and laughed as much as we did.

janet

Post by janet » Fri May 21, 2010 9:00 am

JossiMums wrote:Wouldnt it be awesome if we all sent them a thank you video? Like everyone takes a pic of themself with a thank you sign or makes a short video when you tell them thank you and we put it all together in one video :)

The more I think about this idea, the more I like it, Jossi.

Twice now, Nik and I have gathered personal messages from the forumers and with the help of others waiting in line have written every message on huge greeting cards (once at the end of the tour in 2008 and the other one was for Chris when he was sick). Doing a video with everyone's faces & messages though ...

I have no problems putting it together and sending it to Management on behalf of the entire Forum. They could play it for the guys when they all get together for one of their meetings.

If you did a short video, it'd have to be no more than 15 seconds - I know it's not a lot of time but if there's a lot of submissions, this whole video could get too big. This would be a very personal thank you to the guys for everything they do and have given us.

Ideas? What does everyone think? Yes? No?

ps: any band lurkers, please ignore this post and pretend it's a surprise if/when the video arrives in Vancouver. 8-)

janet

Post by janet » Fri May 21, 2010 9:01 am

bombsaway wrote:syn·er·gy (snr-j)
n. pl. syn·er·gies
The interaction of two or more agents or forces so that their combined effect is greater than the sum of their individual effects.

Hedley IS this community. The music + the guys' personalities + this group of wacky fans = Hedley synergy. I love how our relationships help each other!

Dave, Jacob, Tom and Chris: The little things you do have a huge impact, thank you!

:shock: ... Val, that sums it all up perfectly!!

and a perfect ending to the Forumers Thank You video to the band

janet

Post by janet » Fri May 21, 2010 9:04 am

LMAO ... and way too late to think about it! They know you a mile away!! :D

jrexattack
Global Moderator / Hedley Ambassador

Post by jrexattack » Fri May 21, 2010 9:08 am

janet wrote:
JossiMums wrote:Wouldnt it be awesome if we all sent them a thank you video? Like everyone takes a pic of themself with a thank you sign or makes a short video when you tell them thank you and we put it all together in one video :)

The more I think about this idea, the more I like it, Jossi.

Twice now, Nik and I have gathered personal messages from the forumers and with the help of others waiting in line have written every message on huge greeting cards (once at the end of the tour in 2008 and the other one was for Chris when he was sick). Doing a video with everyone's faces & messages though ...

I have no problems putting it together and sending it to Management on behalf of the entire Forum. They could play it for the guys when they all get together for one of their meetings.

If you did a short video, it'd have to be no more than 15 seconds - I know it's not a lot of time but if there's a lot of submissions, this whole video could get too big. This would be a very personal thank you to the guys for everything they do and have given us.

Ideas? What does everyone think? Yes? No?

ps: any band lurkers, please ignore this post and pretend it's a surprise if/when the video arrives in Vancouver. 8-)

Absolutely. This sounds like a wonderful idea!

And I love how a "Thank You" video from the guys is turning into a "No, Thank YOU!" video right back :) We really are the politest and more appreciative group of fans, haha.

janet

Post by janet » Fri May 21, 2010 10:45 am

jrexattack wrote:Absolutely. This sounds like a wonderful idea!

And I love how a "Thank You" video from the guys is turning into a "No, Thank YOU!" video right back :) We really are the politest and more appreciative group of fans, haha.

what about "Friends" as the background music?

I've been trying to think of a non-Hedley song but "Friends" just seem to fit this so well

**Krysten**
Hedley Ambassador

Post by **Krysten** » Fri May 21, 2010 10:58 am

janet wrote:

LMAO ... and way too late to think about it! They know you a mile away!! :D

i dont know if thats a good thing haha

**Krysten**
Hedley Ambassador

Post by **Krysten** » Fri May 21, 2010 10:59 am

why dont we just get people to send in a picture of them holding a sign that says some sort of thank you....then turn it into a video???? or something like that

jrexattack

Post by jrexattack » Fri May 21, 2010 11:03 am

Friends would be perfect... just the right amount of cheese, and it fits so well in terms of the way we feel about the band, but also all the friendships we've made with each other thanks to them. It would really reflect the sense of community we have thanks to them.

We can give everyone the option of either a photo or video, I know that personally, I'd prefer video. But yeah, the video would have to be less than 15s in order to make it work.

Let me know if you need any help putting this together, Janet - I'd be glad to help!

I'll let you know if I think of any other songs as well... Is MT's "Beside You" too much?

janet

Post by janet » Fri May 21, 2010 11:12 am

jrexattack wrote:Friends would be perfect... just the right amount of cheese, and it fits so well in terms of the way we feel about the band, but also all the friendships we've made with each other thanks to them. It would really reflect the sense of community we have thanks to them.

Exactly.

If more than one of you can get together for a thank you picture, that would certainly help cut down on the size of the final video but I don't want anyone feeling like they won't get their fair time to say thanks. It's up to each of you how you want to express your thanks - a picture or a video - either will work.

Also if we're going to do this, we need a deadline set for submissions so no procrastinating! :P

jrexattack

Post by jrexattack » Fri May 21, 2010 11:13 am

I vote the deadline should be 2 weeks. Maximum three. If people have more than that, they'll probably forget.