A Personal Thank You To the Forumers from Hedley

Site news and announcements

Re: A Personal Thank You To the Forumers from Hedley

Postby Lu-05 » Fri May 21, 2010 11:17 am

I like Friends as the song, too.
And a deadline is definitely important!
How long do you think it would take to put it together, Janet?

Considering the guys are off to Kenya, we can assume they wont be able to watch it....
Maybe if we get it to them soon after they come back home? Sort of a Welcome Back/We're Proud Of You/We Love You/Thank You thing?
.DC . . . Post Whore . . . A Jake's Girl . . . young&stupid.
Lu-05
Hedley Ambassador

Postby jrexattack » Fri May 21, 2010 11:18 am

Lu-05 wrote:I like Friends as the song, too.
And a deadline is definitely important!
How long do you think it would take to put it together, Janet?

Considering the guys are off to Kenya, we can assume they wont be able to watch it....
Maybe if we get it to them soon after they come back home? Sort of a Welcome Back/We're Proud Of You/We Love You/Thank You thing?

If we would be able to time it so that they get it sometime between coming back from Kenya and setting off on the summer tour, it would be perfect!
jrexattack
Global Moderator / Hedley Ambassador

Postby jan - brit » Fri May 21, 2010 11:23 am

This is an awesome idea! It would be so much fun to do. On the subject of how they've brought people together, and the friendships that have developed, we could maybe throw in some pictures of us at their shows, labelled with where we've come from (thinking like when Val BC, Amanda ON and Me NV met up in AB for Drenched). Also screencaps of things like the 'Yes' chart where Hedley were #1 and we were all over the site's 'most active users' (IF the file's not already too big from people's video/picture messages of course. Haha) .. the possibilities are endless!

And it goes without saying I'd LOVE to help out Janet!! :D
jan - brit
Forum Administrator / Hedley Ambassador

Postby Lu-05 » Fri May 21, 2010 11:26 am

jan - brit wrote:This is an awesome idea! It would be so much fun to do. On the subject of how they've brought people together, and the friendships that have developed, we could maybe throw in some pictures of us at their shows, labelled with where we've come from (thinking like when Val BC, Amanda ON and Me NV met up in AB for Drenched). Also screencaps of things like the 'Yes' chart where Hedley were #1 and we were all over the site's 'most active users' (IF the file's not already too big from people's video/picture messages of course. Haha) .. the possibilities are endless!

Aw that's true! Pictures of us TOGETHER would be soo awesome. Val freaking traveled to the complete other side of the country this year!!
Lu-05
Hedley Ambassador

Postby jrexattack » Fri May 21, 2010 11:29 am

Lu-05 wrote:
jan - brit wrote:This is an awesome idea! It would be so much fun to do. On the subject of how they've brought people together, and the friendships that have developed, we could maybe throw in some pictures of us at their shows, labelled with where we've come from (thinking like when Val BC, Amanda ON and Me NV met up in AB for Drenched). Also screencaps of things like the 'Yes' chart where Hedley were #1 and we were all over the site's 'most active users' (IF the file's not already too big from people's video/picture messages of course. Haha) .. the possibilities are endless!

Aw that's true! Pictures of us TOGETHER would be soo awesome. Val freaking traveled to the complete other side of the country this year!!

ABSOLUTELY.
jrexattack
Global Moderator / Hedley Ambassador

Postby JossiMums » Fri May 21, 2010 11:33 am

janet wrote:
JossiMums wrote:Wouldnt it be awesome if we all sent them a thank you video? Like everyone takes a pic of themself with a thank you sign or makes a short video when you tell them thank you and we put it all together in one video :)

The more I think about this idea, the more I like it, Jossi.

Twice now, Nik and I have gathered personal messages from the forumers and with the help of others waiting in line have written every message on huge greeting cards (once at the end of the tour in 2008 and the other one was for Chris when he was sick). Doing a video with everyone's faces & messages though ...

I have no problems putting it together and sending it to Management on behalf of the entire Forum. They could play it for the guys when they all get together for one of their meetings.

If you did a short video, it'd have to be no more than 15 seconds - I know it's not a lot of time but if there's a lot of submissions, this whole video could get too big. This would be a very personal thank you to the guys for everything they do and have given us.

Ideas? What does everyone think? Yes? No?

ps: any band lurkers, please ignore this post and pretend it's a surprise if/when the video arrives in Vancouver. 8-)

Personally i think that first we have like a couple of days/a week for forumers to tell if they want to be a part of the video and then we can see how we have to split up the time for each one! and then a week or two to make your video/picture!
A Jakes Girl <3[/color]
BUM SISTERS
A Mother Effin Dave's Girl
Pro at Multi tasking!
'Stache Lover for Life
Proffesional Paperbag Dealer
JossiMums
Hedley Ambassador

Postby raine » Fri May 21, 2010 11:48 am

hahaha I was just freaking out about sending a quick little video clip of me thanking them, then remembered I can't talk :(

but this is such a great idea!
raine

Postby janet » Fri May 21, 2010 11:57 am

Great ideas, Jan. I really need to get thinking about my submission myself. LOL I've no idea what to do/use.

As for a deadline, I like the idea of having the video in Vancouver for the guys return. Tom's tweet said "a couple of weeks" - hopefully we'll get something definite from Management in the next day or so. Definitely want them to have it before they hit the road at the end of June. It won't take me long to put it together and I'll start as soon as pics/vids start coming in; that way I can plop in any last minute submissions. What if we say all items have to be submitted by Friday, June 18th? That way I can put it together on the weekend and send it out on the 21st -- that gives 4 weeks for people to get their pictures/videos in. Will that work?
janet

Postby Lu-05 » Fri May 21, 2010 12:11 pm

raine wrote:hahaha I was just freaking out about sending a quick little video clip of me thanking them, then remembered I can't talk :(

:/ what do you mean??
Lu-05
Hedley Ambassador

Postby Lu-05 » Fri May 21, 2010 12:12 pm

janet wrote:

Great ideas, Jan. I really need to get thinking about my submission myself. LOL I've no idea what to do/use.

As for a deadline, I like the idea of having the video in Vancouver for the guys return. Tom's tweet said "a couple of weeks" - hopefully we'll get something definite from Management in the next day or so. Definitely want them to have it before they hit the road at the end of June. It won't take me long to put it together and I'll start as soon as pics/vids start coming in; that way I can plop in any last minute submissions. What if we say all items have to be submitted by Friday, June 18th? That way I can put it together on the weekend and send it out on the 21st -- that gives 4 weeks for people to get their pictures/videos in. Will that work?

sounds perfect!!
Soo, June 18th.... that's good. Gives me plenty of time to think of something good to squish into a short video clip!
Lu-05
Hedley Ambassador

Postby jan - brit » Fri May 21, 2010 12:20 pm

We should probably also think about the best format for videos to be in - you know, like mpeg, wmv etc. I have converters which will handle most things, but it'll save Janet a lot of time if as many people as possible can send them in, in the same format.
jan - brit

Postby raine » Fri May 21, 2010 12:41 pm

Lu-05 wrote:
raine wrote:hahaha I was just freaking out about sending a quick little video clip of me thanking them, then remembered I can't talk :(

:/ what do you mean??

I've got mega throat issues, and i lose my voice pretty often these days.
raine

Postby janet » Fri May 21, 2010 1:11 pm

jan - brit wrote:We should probably also think about the best format for videos to be in - you know, like mpeg, wmv etc. I have converters which will handle most things, but it'll save Janet a lot of time if as many people as possible can send them in, in the same format.

Oh, good point, jan.

I'll be using the Windows program -- haha, the name of it escapes me right now :oops: - it seems to accept a number of different formats.
janet

Postby keldrew0614 » Fri May 21, 2010 1:21 pm

So once we have our videos done or picture that we want included - where do u want us to send it to Janet? Does the Pic have to be a minimum file size as well?
keldrew0614
Hedley Ambassador

Postby janet » Fri May 21, 2010 2:18 pm

keldrew0614 wrote:So once we have our videos done or picture that we want included - where do u want us to send it to Janet? Does the Pic have to be a minimum file size as well?

You can either email me the pictures/videos or upload them and send me the link(s).
janet

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements